Posted Images

Who like them :ninja:

I'll start with some ASE's

Post any toned coin, if you have them

6baef9df.jpg

ba687642.jpg

431b86b4.jpg

bdf261ea.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of 1964 mint set.................will post as soon as photobucket is back up and running.

I believe (was told) that these types of toned coins come from a smoker's home. The JFK is self explanatory. Notice the steel blue of the nickel? It makes a beautiful looking coin but I wonder how the grading services would look upon it? The Lincoln is a much lighter copper color and again looks very nice to the eye! Dime and quarter seem to be untouched by the smoke.

tonedmintsetsmoker.jpg

Nice ... proof set?

Is that Kennedy 1/2 by any chance an accented hair variety? Hard to tell ... I have one (1964, accented hair) that came with some kind of dried-up glue on the edge in the plastic shrink-wrap. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it completely off by reasonable means, although a few dips did remove some of it.

962950.jpg

found this sorting while uploading to omni coin... a toned chinese cash.

962978.jpg

dunno how... but this silver nickel i got the other day has toned yellow and black.. the balck makes the condition look owrse then it is, but still interesting colour

Who like them :ninja:

I'll start with some ASE's

Post any toned coin, if you have them

You have some solid toners

Only thing is, send them into PCGS, they will give them MS67, 66, 65 and sometimes lower

Seems as though they freak out, when any coin, has a different surface than it should

NGC does grade a lot more toners, but I've never seen an NGC toned ASE

Nice coins, 68, 69, 70's to me ;)

dunno how you get those rainbow tones, i did find a few toned coins which havn't been touched for 20odd years

1988 2p

also just found on my desk a 1988 1p which has a nice purple and red colouration

963499.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok lets kickstart this thread some better toned stuff

964741.jpg

scarse coin with nice toning :ninja:

964746.jpg

one of the coins from a huge 136 batch i bought off ebay... no idea how that was possible but... that obverse is just gorgeous

• 4 weeks later...