Ætheling

What would you buy with $500?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What would you buy with $500?

• 100+ coins
    • Several dozen coins
    • Several coins
    • A coin
    • It put it on one side till i had enough to afford my next coin...
    • I'd buy a rare book on coins
    • Coin storage/misc coin related

1 coin because usually if I ever did get that much money, I'd spend it on a few to fill in holes in sets while I can. But if it were given to me, I'd go with that 1 coin I need to fill a certain hole.

I said, "Set it aside..."

Free money means special coins to me. I've yet to spring the $2,000-3,000 it will cost for a Subalpine Republic 20 franc piece, the so called Marengo.

Or I'd run wild on eBay for fifteen minutes...

• 1 year later...

What's up with the poll bumping? You gotta test coming up that you refuse to study for or something?

I'd finish out my 20th century type set (less than $100 total, I think) and spend the rest on 2-4 nice pieces, maybe some gold or a bust in there somewhere. Maybe I'll put it all in towards a super condition 1839 Booby Head Large Cent like I've been wanting to lately. Hell, if hubby buys himself a $300 iPhone, why can't I spend it on that cent?

What's up with the poll bumping? You gotta test coming up that you refuse to study for or something?

:ninja: You can empathize, eh?

I've got a progress report due to my research advisor, a presentation for my research class, and I had an interview this morning. Of course I needed to procrastinate!!! You're good!

Oh, and I always like polls (I like numbers if you can't tell), there is never enough of them. They also keep discussions going longer.

Archived