CoinPeople.com

Finally completed my 1767 5 kop run -- took me 5 years.

BKB

I do not know about prices on Gorny and other auctions, but this was very reasonable on ebay. Got to try to do something about that green stuff...

;)

1767mmkj3.jpg

Congratulations, BKB -- с Вашим успехом я Вам поздравляю! :ninja:

As to the green stuff, I have had the most success by soaking copper coins in olive oil for about 2-3 months; sometimes it needs several sessions, though ;) (but it works!)

:ninja:

i was hoping someone from here would buy that! congrats!

Well, I had to. The way the prices are going up nowdays, I thought that I would never be able to find the "MM" for decent $. Still looking for 1795 MM ;) Anyone got a spare?

Nice double struck feature. Congratulations BKB! :ninja:

1795 MM 5k? Best of luck ;) I don't think I'll even look for a 1795 MM 2 kopek - was lucky enough to find 1 kopek.

I have 2 k 1795 mm. Will trade for 1 kop 1795 mm if the condition is similar ;) 5 kop is possible. I had 3 chances to buy it and I failed. Got 1789mm, though. Will wait until the price drop...

Will wait until the price drop...

I've been waiting for prices to drop since the 2001 Renaissance sale. I thought prices were much too high, even silly high, back then. But the market was not inclined to pay much attention to my opinion. :ninja:

I've been waiting for prices to drop since the 2001 Renaissance sale. I thought prices were much too high, even silly high, back then. But the market was not inclined to pay much attention to my opinion. ;)

Not like I stopped buying... However, some coins are now also impossible due to high price, while they used to be impossible because of extreme rarity. Like I always say, the best and the rarest coins were always in collections of extremely wealthy people: Grand Duke, Tolstoj, Zubov, Brandt, -- the list goes on. Other collectors were always on the sidelines. Almost every great rarity traces back to so rich guy's collection. NOt that we only have to find a rare coin, we also have to find it relatively cheap to be able to afford it. Thus, for a wealthy collector it is half as hard -- he only needs to find it. Two options: 1. start making money or 2. wait for the prices to drop... :ninja:

Or 3. Search through corroded copper pile like I do from time to time and when one do get the opportunity to do so :ninja: That's how I found the 1795 MM 1 kopek. I believe you've seen it before BKB. Nothing fanciful - just badly corroded. That said, I'll go and take some more photos of it since there is good sunlight outside at the moment. I'm still terribly bugged over it's feature as it's not a Moldavian overstrike.

BKB, and what is your next step? Only the rare and famous?

Where do I start...

1. Jefimok of Paul MS64+(please do not offer inferior condition)

2. Portrait ruble of paul (not the novodel)

2. 1 kop 1810 spb

4. 2 kop 1810 w/portrait

5. 1 kop & 1/2 kop 1810 em - nm (AU+)

6. 2 kop & 1 kop 1811 em - if (MS61+)

7. 1 kop 1789 mm

8. 1/2 kop and 1 kop 1787 TM

9. 1736 Hedlinger rouble

10.1730 chain pattern ruble

that should get me through a few years. :ninja:

Where do I start...

1. Jefimok of Paul MS64+(please do not offer inferior condition)

2. Portrait ruble of paul (not the novodel)

2. 1 kop 1810 spb

4. 2 kop 1810 w/portrait

5. 1 kop & 1/2 kop 1810 em - nm (AU+)

6. 2 kop & 1 kop 1811 em - if (MS61+)

7. 1 kop 1789 mm

8. 1/2 kop and 1 kop 1787 TM

9. 1736 Hedlinger rouble

10.1730 chain pattern ruble

that should get me through a few years. ;)

Easy to do... Just sell your 10% share of Gazprom... :ninja:

Archived