CoinPeople.com

How Old is Your Coin Club

jlueke

Some of the National Societies and Associations date back to the 19th century but it seems like most local clubs sprung up in the 1950's. Our club, is celebrating our 5oth anniversary though it may be a few years older still. How old is your club?

TCACC History

I think our local club was formed in 1953.

Consider yourself lucky to even have a local coin club. In most large cities the crime rates are so extensive now that belonging to a coin club is just not to smart. The people I know that do use a phony name and address to prevent such info from leaking out.

I guess that's where being online can help. Perhaps a good safe and alarm in your house as well...

Consider yourself lucky to even have a local coin club. In most large cities the crime rates are so extensive now that belonging to a coin club is just not to smart. The people I know that do use a phony name and address to prevent such info from leaking out.

We are in a large city and I know Chicago has a decent club as well along with Seattle. I do think some of our members may be armed but there's been no real trouble.

We are in a large city and I know Chicago has a decent club as well along with Seattle. I do think some of our members may be armed but there's been no real trouble.

I'm in Chicago. Only one coin club I've heard of and it is a really closed situation. Met some members at a coin show and discussed the club. No one uses thier real names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. At coin shows all over the area the dealers will not disclose personal information. If you read our papers here, crime is running rampant. With the poor economy, allowing anyone to know you have coins in your house, apartment, condo, etc. is just asking for a robbery. Two such on my block alone.

I'm in Chicago. Only one coin club I've heard of and it is a really closed situation. Met some members at a coin show and discussed the club. No one uses thier real names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. At coin shows all over the area the dealers will not disclose personal information. If you read our papers here, crime is running rampant. With the poor economy, allowing anyone to know you have coins in your house, apartment, condo, etc. is just asking for a robbery. Two such on my block alone.

There's the Chicago Coin Club which is open and meets downtown Chicago Coin Club and the Ancient Coin Club of Chicago which is also open and meets in harlan Berk's store.

Archived