CoinPeople.com

I need help identifying this...

Copper

Hello everyone, i'm pretty new here, but i'll need your help if you can give it.

I have a coin, its made of copper and has the United States Mint Symbol on one side; and on the other side a big letter 'D' in the center with the word 'Uncirculated' over it and the word 'Denver' under it.

I don't know too much about coins, but if any knows, could you tell me what it is?

Technically a "medalet" if it is one of the smaller ones about the diameter of the 5-cent or 1-cent coins. Some years, those Mint "medalets" were larger, and perhaps therefore technically "medals."

Strictly speaking, to be "tokens" they would have to be good for something. That is why we call tokens "good-fors." One of my own favorites is plastic, about 20 mm and says "Good for a Beer at Scuff's Salon Tomahawk, Wisconsin."

Several years ago, I received this one in change - pic taken with my old Kodak DC210. I didn't know what it was and I spent a long time searching on the net for some ID info. Eventually, I posted a query in a newsgroup and promptly received a response. It started me back into coin collecting :ninja:

whatsit4ji.gif

Strictly speaking, to be "tokens" they would have to be good for something. That is why we call tokens "good-fors." One of my own favorites is plastic, about 20 mm and says "Good for a Beer at Scuff's Salon Tomahawk, Wisconsin."

Tomahawk is about 40 miles north of my house, but I don't believe that there is a bar named Scuffs anymore.

I wonder what dealers who cut mint sets for slabbing do with all these?  I guess if they are unscrupulous they could mix them in with cents, but I suppose most just throw them away.  hmmm

I wouldn't mind getting a bunch for a cent each :ninja: