CoinPeople.com

Coin Dealer Robbed At Gunpoint After Leaving...

Guest Stujoe

Probably a coincidence that the car broke down. They were probably following him to his home - a all too common happening after coinshows and such in the FL area.

The gentleman who was robbed is a member of my coin club and displays coins frequently in the area flea markets and such. It's a blessing that they didn't follow him all the way home, he has young children at home. That could have been a real tragedy.

The gentleman who was robbed is a member of my coin club and displays coins frequently in the area flea markets and such. It's a blessing that they didn't follow him all the way home, he has young children at home. That could have been a  real tragedy.

If they follow me home, the tragedy might just be all theirs. I carry about $10,000 in inventory to and from the flea market, true enough, but I also carry a 1911 with three magazines. Out in public, away from my family, I'd probably let'em have the goods to avoid hurting anyone or being hurt myself, but at my home with my wife and child to protect, I'd see to it that an intruder gets hurt before anything happens to my family. Robbery is a rough way to make money. I'd make it as rough for the robbers as I know how when it's on my own place.

Glad your friend came through it OK. I hope that never happens to him again.

Archived