CoinPeople.com

The best of the British Commonwealth

MADISON

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - Some absolutely gorgeous notes there, Madison! it is very interesting to see QEII in all the different stages, poses, ages and crowns (or without). Your collection of these illustrates the allure that collecting QEII banknotes has on many collectors.

:ninja:

Wow - Some absolutely gorgeous notes there, Madison! it is very interesting to see QEII in all the different stages, poses, ages and crowns (or without). Your collection of these illustrates the allure that collecting QEII banknotes has on many collectors.

:ninja:

Thank Dave for helping me to upload these pics. It takes a while to learn to do them....

Here is a nice serial number piece from the 1953 QEII $5 - A/18 000328. Prefix 18 means "sure to prosper" while Prefix A is the first prefix which carry some weight to the whole serial number. As for 328, it means "Business will prosper" where 32 = Business and 8 = prosper.

917309A.jpg

917309B.jpg

Here is a nice serial number piece from the 1953 QEII $5 - A/18 000328. Prefix 18 means "sure to prosper" while Prefix A is the first prefix which carry some weight to the whole serial number. As for 328, it means "Business will prosper" where 32 = Business and 8 = prosper.

917309A.jpg

917309B.jpg

Nice number.....affordable? may drop in and see you in X'mas. DE

Nice number.....affordable? may drop in and see you in X'mas. DE

Found and bought this by chance only a few years ago. Scarce to find such nice numbers in these early British Colonial banknotes in this part of the world. Most of them are usually in very poor condition for interesting serial numbers. This piece is not uncirculated. Affordable ? Yes, at the time of my purchase a few years ago. Anyway, nobody want to sell such nice numbers. Just keep them for collection.

Passing by Singapore. Welcome. No snow in Singapore during X'mas. Only heavy rain. hee hee... :ninja:

You must have the best QEII/KGVI collection I have ever seen on here :ninja:;);):D;);):D

A great reference for those interested in Commonwealth notes, infact your vast collection has renewed my interest in them

Thank you Johnny. My interest is expanding into African notes which are more realistic into price and grading,and most important,it is more in the market to choose from. Love to see some of your favorates as well......

Thank you Johnny. My interest is expanding into African notes which are more realistic into price and grading,and most important,it is more in the market to choose from. Love to see some of your favorates as well......

My faves are Malta, Hong Kong, Jamaica & the Seychells, sadly The Seychells seem to go for very high prices so I can't afford one of those at the mo ;) Oh well other countries to collect with Queenies head on it :ninja:

EDIT: Love that QEII Austrlian £1 note, a great alternative Portrait of Lizzie

My faves are Malta, Hong Kong, Jamaica & the Seychells, sadly The Seychells seem to go for very high prices so I can't afford one of those at the mo ;) Oh well other countries to collect with Queenies head on it ;)

EDIT: Love that QEII Austrlian £1 note, a great alternative Portrait of Lizzie

Sadly to say, all your favorites are difficult to get in their earlier years.But then the modern one are quite pretty as well.

1 classical note;=

916483A.jpg:ninja:

Sadly to say, all your favorites are difficult to get in their earlier years.But then the modern one are quite pretty as well.

1 classical note;=

916483A.jpg:ninja:

Those were the series on ebay @ £78 with 3 days to go ;)

Won a RHodesian note yesterday in a Fine condition with QEII on it, looked ok fromt he pic, will soon know.

• 4 weeks later...
Those were the series on ebay @ £78 with 3 days to go :ninja:

Won a RHodesian note yesterday in a Fine condition with QEII on it, looked ok fromt he pic, will soon know.

Best to buy few and pricey than many and cheap if you are worried about conserving the value of your collection.

A rare $500 note off ebay you will always be able to sell for a higher price in the future, 100 $5 notes will be much harder to sell.

Of course I have ended up spending a couple of thousand mostly on cheap stuff.

It's just that the colonial stuff is expensive, I'd quickly sink five figures into it, so I have held off so far.

Best to buy few and pricey than many and cheap if you are worried about conserving the value of your collection.

A rare $500 note off ebay you will always be able to sell for a higher price in the future, 100 $5 notes will be much harder to sell.

Of course I have ended up spending a couple of thousand mostly on cheap stuff.

It's just that the colonial stuff is expensive, I'd quickly sink five figures into it, so I have held off so far.

True I suppose, but, tbh, the job I have I really can't afford to spend that much at the moment or for the next few years.

Actually I'm on a break at the mo as I, erm, went quiteinto my overdraft this month so I'm saving up for a while :ninja:

True I suppose, but, tbh, the job I have I really can't afford to spend that much at the moment or for the next few years.

Actually I'm on a break at the mo as I, erm, went quiteinto my overdraft this month so I'm saving up for a while :ninja:

BTW,Johnny, did you win that RHODESIA note. love to see it...

Here is 2 RHODESIA notes to share with you

rhod54-1lb.jpg

rhod54-1lb-back.jpg

rhod-5.jpg

rhod-5-back.jpg

Both are difficult to find nowadays

Archived