CoinPeople.com

Oliver Cromwell

kevin m

The Cromwell Shilling. Is this coin considered "Rare" Does anyone have any kind of estimate on how many have survived to this day.

I am thinking of buying one for, $2500.00 Canadian. It is listed as "GVF Rare" There is no question about the grade, just the price. Is this a good buy.

Any pictures?

According to Spink's Price Guide a VF one should sell for 2,111.46 CAD, so perhaps $2500 is a little over? It depends on the coin.

According to North's guide to Hammered Coinage it is "Normal", so he does not think that they are Scarce let alone Rare.

Kindest Regards,

Clive.

Any pictures?

According to Spink's Price Guide a VF one should sell for 2,111.46 CAD, so perhaps $2500 is a little over? It depends on the coin.

According to North's guide to Hammered Coinage it is "Normal", so he does not think that they are Scarce let alone Rare.

Kindest Regards,

Clive.

Thank you Clive. I am new to this site & have not worked out how to uplaod pictures. I keep getting a message saying the file is to large. I will try again.

Thank you Clive. I am new to this site & have not worked out how to uplaod pictures. I keep getting a message saying the file is to large. I will try again.

Kevin, if you want, just email the pictures to Clive@HistoricCoinage.com

Should not have a problem that way.

Kevin, if you want, just email the pictures to Clive@HistoricCoinage.com

Should not have a problem that way.

On it,s way. let me know if you get it..

On it,s way. let me know if you get it..

Received! ;)

I'd say that it's a good VF, so worth about £1,500/£1,700 so roughly $3000 CAD in my honest opinion.

So it's a strong VF, scarce.

Let me know if I can help. :ninja:

Received! ;)

I'd say that it's a good VF, so worth about £1,500/£1,700 so roughly $3000 CAD in my honest opinion.

Received! ;)

Thank you Clive. Your opinion & estimate concur the same as "Colin Cooke Coins" whom I trust completely. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the or not.

I do feel better about making the purchase.

Thanks again. Kevin.

Thank you Clive. Your opinion & estimate concur the same as "Colin Cooke Coins" whom I trust completely. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the or not.

I do feel better about making the purchase.

Thanks again. Kevin.

Ah yes, Colin Cooke, glad that I think the same as them! It's a nice coin, one that I'd like to own!

Do you have any English hammered coins? I'm a bit of a hammered nut as you might have guessed... :ninja:

Ah yes, Colin Cooke, glad that I think the same as them! It's a nice coin, one that I'd like to own!

Do you have any English hammered coins? I'm a bit of a hammered nut as you might have guessed... :ninja:

Picture of my only hammered which I have owned for many years is on it's way...

It is for sale or trade....

Picture of my only hammered which I have owned for many years is on it's way...

It is for sale or trade....

Received with thanks and replied. :ninja:

I decided to go for the cheaper option at the beginning of the year & got a pattern version for £8.00 :ninja: Nice coins from his era & well minted shame they're so dear ;)

The Commonwealth Halfgroats and Pennies are much cheaper though, I just stick with the best condition ones of those I can find! ;)

Infranview is good free software for resizing pics to get them under 100kb to upload to this site, LINK TO DOWNLOAD

The other way is to open a free account at Photobucket and copy the link to your post, you can have a much larger file size.

Archived