CoinPeople.com

A Nazi banknote enquiry

galaxy

Hi everyone,

Today, out of curiosity I decided to google for a particular banknote. I was wondering if there ever existed an official banknote in Germany that would have Adolf Hitler's picture on it and I found this:

p1013.jpg

Could anyone kindly tell me if it's a genuine one or if there is any note that would have Hitler's picture on?

Cheers

Hi everyone,

Today, out of curiosity I decided to google for a particular banknote. I was wondering if there ever existed an official banknote in Germany that would have Adolf Hitler's picture on it and I found this:

p1013.jpg

Could anyone kindly tell me if it's a genuine one or if there is any note that would have Hitler's picture on?

Cheers

Hello!

This is a fake image of Hitler on the banknote. The photo is too detailed for that banknote's style of printing. Along with the photo and moniker change, the color seems to have been "Photoshopped" as well. The swastika is original to the bankntote, however. All in all it is a ho-hum photoshop job. I am not aware of any banknote that has his photo on it.

The original note is cataloged as P184 1000 Reichsmark, is colored brown and tan (Brown and Olive according to the catalog) and the issue date is 22.2.1936, (22nd of February, 1936). The original portrait is of Carl Schinkel.

Here's a real note: GermanyP184-1000Mark-1936-donatedtj_f.jpg

Archived