CoinPeople.com

Need HELP, I do not know what to do. Please read

DreamFLight911

My folks are very upset. about my hobby i collect stuff. they dont aprove on anything what i do. my banknote and coin collection and my beanies (Ty). I have to get rid of everything that makes me happy.

I need to is there a quivk way to close my banknotebank collection instead deleting 1 at a time.

im afraid of selling my collections. I know what it's worth, and i know the resell is less.

please help i'm sad and depressed i dont want my stuff to in a junkyard.

:ninja:;);)

Wow... that really sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Have you tried to talk with your parents about this?Have them come to the site and see that it isn't a bad thing. I would think they would be happy that you are not out running the streets, getting into drugs or any other criminal activities.

As to the banknotebank collection. Why delete it. Just leave it there. Unless you don't want the reminder.

Well if possible try selling here on the boards first.

Wow... that really sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Have you tried to talk with your parents about this?Have them come to the site and see that it isn't a bad thing. I would think they would be happy that you are not out running the streets, getting into drugs or any other criminal activities.

As to the banknotebank collection. Why delete it. Just leave it there. Unless you don't want the reminder.

Well if possible try selling here on the boards first.

yes i have tlked to them

the response i got 90 days to get rid of everything

I just looked at your profile to see if it lists your age. You are an ADULT, who can make his own decisions. It is up to you and only you to decide wether or not to collect anything. Maybe you need to stand up to your parents and tell them that you are keeping everything.

Just my honest opinion.....

Ken

I looked at your profile and never even looked at the age.

Is that your correct age?

If so, I agree with the beast. Your an adult and make your own decisions.

If not, then you are stuck if your under 18.

I'd PM AKDRV (Anton) to see if he can delete them all for you in one swoop.

I'm sure that you know what's best for your particular situation with your parents, so do what you need to. But banknotes themselves, even 1,000 of them can be kept in fairly small spaces, such as a private bank deposit box, secret spot somewhere in a room or in some other locale if you were ever to decide to make them less 'bulky' for your parent's sake. You might not be able to keep them in binders or special holders, but you can store them together that way.

Whatever happens, I hope that you are able to keep up with this hobby, or at least return to it someday. If you can, keep on posting here and keep in the 'groove' of things. Best of luck in your plight!

I know it's very hard when you and your family disagree. However, if you are indeed a legal adult, there is nothing your parents can do to make you get rid of your collections if they are that important to you.

Do you live at home?

Do your parents still support you financially?

I know what I would do, but I have understanding parents who honestly got me involved in this hobby in the first place. I would sit them down, and tell them that this is my hobby, my money, and my life. Thank them for their concern, but it's my choice. Have a nice day.

It drives me insane when parents try to be so controlling of their children who are well out of the nest. *sigh*

But banknotes themselves, even 1,000 of them can be kept in fairly small spaces, such as a private bank deposit box, secret spot somewhere in a room or in some other locale if you were ever to decide to make them less 'bulky' for your parent's sake. You might not be able to keep them in binders or special holders, but you can store them together that way.

The banknotes and coins are kept in samll snack size glad bags. 1 for each country. Binders wont work it will make it to bulky. The notes and coins "WERE" kept in a hiding spot. Until my mom decided to "CLEAN" the room. For the beanies they were on shelves that lined the celing, that has been removed by them.

Dream, if it's too much trouble arguing with your parents, maybe you can ask one of the forum members here to safekeep your collection for a while. Not an ideal solution but that's one way to save what you kept.

I agree either someone on here or a friend that you know will look after them for you.

I agree either someone on here or a friend that you know will look after them for you.

I am in the process of doing that but its only a small amount 3-5 countries

My store manager is from/originalally Germany (east) occiasionally goes back every year to see family so she will get the geman/austrian collections when she gets transfered to another store i'll get them back

the associate pastor of my church is from Vietnam (south) never stayed left durning the vietnam war as a samll child and has never scene the notes and coin of the former south, just the modern unified country. he wasn't in so i placed the notes in his mail slot with a note attached. his pet parrot is talkative it knows when there's someone at the door or walking by, it will go "come in, come in" as a greeting

on a SAD note i came home from work and noticed a large black trash bag at the curb in side was part of my Ty collection, it was raining the bag was tied thank god the bag and its contents include what was part of (ONCE) a panda themed room. that was featured in a beanie magazine. still has the magizine (no longer in publication)

My latest and probally final purchase can be found in latest banknotes

I am in the process of doing that but its only a small amount 3-5 countries

My store manager is from/originalally Germany (east) occiasionally goes back every year to see family so she will get the geman/austrian collections when she gets transfered to another store i'll get them back

the associate pastor of my church is from Vietnam (south) never stayed left durning the vietnam war as a samll child and has never scene the notes and coin of the former south, just the modern unified country. he wasn't in so i placed the notes in his mail slot with a note attached. his pet parrot is talkative it knows when there's someone at the door or walking by, it will go "come in, come in" as a greeting

on a SAD note i came home from work and noticed a large black trash bag at the curb in side was part of my Ty collection, it was raining the bag was tied thank god the bag and its contents include what was part of (ONCE) a panda themed room. that was featured in a beanie magazine. still has the magizine (no longer in publication)

My latest and probally final purchase can be found in latest banknotes

This does seem a bit mean to me, they could at least let you find a home for them. See if they'll compromise & ask if you can keep the banknotes if you get rid of your Ty (?) collection

This does seem a bit mean to me, they could at least let you find a home for them. See if they'll compromise & ask if you can keep the banknotes if you get rid of your Ty (?) collection

i already did you read the 3rd post ei got 3 months to get rid of everything

is also trying to find a storage unit for the stuff is on hold for 1

also the bag is the trunk of my car

• 3 weeks later...

This might sound a bit harsh but have you considerd leaving home and getting a small place of your own? I am also sorry to say that if your folks can not see the value both educationaly and finacialy in collecting coins/notes etc then they need a bit of a wake up call (Again sorry if this sounds harsh) Have you spoken to your pastor about this yet, he might be able to help.

Archived