CoinPeople.com

Any ideas?

peacockblue79

Helloooo everyone. I am new to the forum and I need some help! My mother has a collection of these coins and we have no idea where they are from and what they are. They look like fakes or replicas. I have been painfully searching the web forever to figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas? It would be most helpful =) Oh and its about 2 3/4 inches across and 2 cm. thick if that helps. If you need a pic of the other side I can scan it for you. The year on it is 1871.

replica.jpg

Helloooo everyone. I am new to the forum and I need some help! My mother has a collection of these coins and we have no idea where they are from and what they are. They look like fakes or replicas. I have been painfully searching the web forever to figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas? It would be most helpful =) Oh and its about 2 3/4 inches across and 2 cm. thick if that helps. If you need a pic of the other side I can scan it for you. The year on it is 1871.

This is a modern medal (much more recent than 1871) and not a coin.

It looks like some sort of anniversary medal. They are made to celebrate the most whimsical events. I have a pile of them from my mother-in-law, who is a curator in the Hermitage Museum. They will celebrate the "43rd anniversary of the realization of Putin's dream to join the KGB" and press a bronze medal out of that.

It looks like some sort of anniversary medal. They are made to celebrate the most whimsical events. I have a pile of them from my mother-in-law, who is a curator in the Hermitage Museum. They will celebrate the "43rd anniversary of the realization of Putin's dream to join the KGB" and press a bronze medal out of that.

:ninja:

I would say that this is from 1971 - 100th anniversary of the Paris Commune.