CoinPeople.com

Finnaly figured out what this is!

Delta

I bought a bunch of mixed pre-decimal ages ago and it had two coins which where near unidentifiable. One bigger than a half penny but smaller than a penny and that is still a mystery. However one was clearly a half penny of some sort. The other day I must have caught it at the right angle because right there in front of me what a portrait of what I assumed was Queen Victoria. Doing a little googleing it seems to be a bun head but I think the year will forever be a mystery!

Forgot to add, this makes it my oldest coin.

bunheed.JPG

It is indeed a bunhead of dear ole Vicky!

If you want feel free to send large, clear images to Clive@HistoricCoinage.com and I'll see what I can do for you Darren.

I'll do that at some point :ninja: My camera is great at close focus, its just getting the thing to stay parallel and still that is the problem.

I won't start another thread for this.. but I was in my local museum the other day and I'm sure I saw a silver half-penny. Is this possible? I couldn't get close enough for a pic due to another exhibit being in the way but I'm sure it was a half-penny. Was this some kind of special issue?

I won't start another thread for this.. but I was in my local museum the other day and I'm sure I saw a silver half-penny. Is this possible? I couldn't get close enough for a pic due to another exhibit being in the way but I'm sure it was a half-penny. Was this some kind of special issue?

I can only think it was a trial issue, silver plated or a serious error in the mint. You might want to have another look!

Archived