CoinPeople.com

We need a good pic post, so ...

AuldFartte

How about Gothic Florins :ninja:

(Yeah, I know ... y'all get tired of this, don't ya')

896250.jpg

andover.jpg

This is my latest acquisition, a token from Andover, Hampshire. This piece was issued in 1666, and is rather unusual for a municipal token, they tended to be a bit larger, this is a rather smallish piece more like those issued by private individuals.

This piece has an image of the arms of Andover, the lion and the tree, and the legend "Help O' Andever" notice the spelling of Andover. On the reverse is the image of a crippled man, something not quite as acceptable to be portrayed on a token in the 21st century, but not out of the ordinary in the 17th century, and the legend "For Y' Poores Benefit"

Gothic is nice, but your new conders are fantastic, Tom! I absolutely love them.

Thanks, Boss ;)

Now, where should I post those ... :ninja:

You guys like toned British coins, too ???

Cool !!! I just love 'em :ninja:

Like this, for example ...

896674.jpg

Yeah, I saw that, too, Oli ... troubling, isn't it :ninja:

Especially if, like me, you can't spot artificial toning.

Yeah, I saw that, too, Oli ... troubling, isn't it  :ninja:

Especially if, like me, you can't spot artificial toning.

I can tend to spot the really obvious stuff, but if that kit toned like you 6d above, I wouldn't know the difference.

• 3 years later...

Had to bring this thread back, a new acquisition heading my way (my first this year now i'm a semi-retired collector).

Anyhow, I've always wanted one of these and I've finally found one in a grade that's high enough to see any detail but low enough to be anywhere near affordable! And without all the usual abuse; holes, plugging, mounting etc.

I kinda regret selling off all my few Early Milled gold coins back in 2004, missing them so I finally decided to push the boat out and buy another. I love half guineas.

961460.jpg

Not the best picture but hey.