CoinPeople.com

What is your most valuable copper coin?

thedeadpoint

I asked it. I know I'll get flack for asking it.

What is your most valuable (as determined by the market, rarity, grade, popularity, etc) copper coin?

I have a VG 1800 Half Cent. Nothing special but my priciest copper coin by a bunch. I've broken my piggy bank for silver coins, notes, and I have some nice gold, but I've never really laid down more than a Benjamin for a copper like I did at the ANA. I though that was funny so I wanted to ask this question.

Sure is nice though! Can't post a pic because my scanner doesn't like this computer.

I hope you have some pretty pics for me!

Normally I'm a gold and silver kinda guy, all about the bling, but I do have some copper.

Here is a 1739 Dutch copper duit from Holland that NGC graded MS66.

(I bought a few of these years ago from a hoard in Sweden and almost passed out when I got this one back from NGC.)

MS66duit.jpg

I also have an 1853 Large Cent (EF45) and a 1905 Indian Head (MS64) that are probably worth almost as much.

I asked it. I know I'll get flack for asking it.

What is your most valuable (as determined by the market, rarity, grade, popularity, etc) copper coin?

I have a VG 1800 Half Cent. Nothing special but my priciest copper coin by a bunch. I've broken my piggy bank for silver coins, notes, and I have some nice gold, but I've never really laid down more than a Benjamin for a copper like I did at the ANA. I though that was funny so I wanted to ask this question.

Sure is nice though! Can't post a pic because my scanner doesn't like this computer.

I hope you have some pretty pics for me!

Here is a link to my Russian 1765-EM 5 kopek novodel (Brekke 205):

http://hairgrove-goldberg.com/Gallery/russ...-1765-em-pyatak

It was sold twice at auctions of "World-Wide Coins of California" (Jim Elmen) before I bought it on eBay, but I was able to track down the two auctions thanks to some help by Steve Moulding and Jim Elmen as well as the eBay seller from whom I bought it.

Who knows what it is really worth? I paid about $800 for it a year ago, but it went for about $450 in the first auction and brought less than $300 in the later auction. It's only EF/AU grade, but I'm fairly confident that considering today's Russian market, it would easily go for $1,000 or more.

MS-63 by NTC....so more like MS-60/61 to the big 3 but my most valuable copper by far.

Changed to new pics, see below.

I don't remember to be honest. I got it around 5 years ago for something around $420 or so. My guess is it sold for...uh...$800+ under redbook is because it's in a NTC slab. As much as I don't agree with their grading I do think they were at least accurate in stating this as a low Unc.

That's not a bad pick up

Yeah I was actually surprised I won the auction when I did. I was at work and put in a bid thinking, eh...it's worth a shot but I'll never win it, and when I got home I had a nearly dropped a brick.

Oh and I found my old records...I lied...or I'm bad at remembering things....but I paid $380 not $420....even better! :ninja: (Hence above statement of surprize)

I took new photos of it, it's hard to see in the slab but I think these look ok. I had to lighten it a little, it's a chocolate brown with purple hues. Anyway I think I am changing my opinion of this and downgrading it to an Au58-Ms-60 at best....I am fairly certain it's a weak strike though....but I just can't figure what's wear and what's weakness on this lady.

2vuivf9.jpg

34j2dlk.jpg

Archived