CoinPeople.com

holders for Russian 18th century coins - recommendations?

savok

Can anyone recommend a company that sizes the holders they manufacture to Russian coins? I am thinking particularly of the huge 5 kopek pieces, but lots of other 18th century denominations were less than uniform in their size. I was hoping to get something like the Air-Tite rounds, but I somehow doubt they would work with lumpy, extra thick and often not perfectly round pieces.

thanks!

Ugly copper uses Dansco albums with pages from 44 to 50 cm openings for thr 5 Kop. The same will work for Siberian. You can put 4 to 6 pages per album. Takes 2 albums for Siberian, 3 for 2 Kop, and 4 for 5 kop depending on how many varieties you want to collect. Most online coin supply sights have all you need.

Can anyone recommend a company that sizes the holders they manufacture to Russian coins? I am thinking particularly of the huge 5 kopek pieces, but lots of other 18th century denominations were less than uniform in their size. I was hoping to get something like the Air-Tite rounds, but I somehow doubt they would work with lumpy, extra thick and often not perfectly round pieces.

thanks!

If you are located in Europe, Hartberger (as well as Lighthouse) manufacture the oversize holders for anything larger than 39 mm ... I use the 48mm holders which work well with those huge 5 kopek monsters, some of which are possibly overstruck and even wider than the typical 42-45mm or so, and many of which are not anywhere near being perfectly round.

I only had to buy the 50mm holders once to hold my 1765-EM novodel (Brekke 205, viewable here). :ninja:

If you are located in Europe, Hartberger (as well as Lighthouse) manufacture the oversize holders for anything larger than 39 mm ... I use the 48mm holders which work well with those huge 5 kopek monsters, some of which are possibly overstruck and even wider than the typical 42-45mm or so, and many of which are not anywhere near being perfectly round.

I only had to buy the 50mm holders once to hold my 1765-EM novodel (Brekke 205, viewable here). ;)

That one's just too pretty Bobh :ninja:

Archived