CoinPeople.com

George Ist 1723 Groat.

constanius

Ever heard of transnumismatism? ...kyekye..

No I have not, does it mean something changed into (or pretending to be) something else numismatically? Perhaps by changing the date etc.

Please enlighten me/us. Knowledge is power. Where coins are concerned, I am pretty weak! I really only collect historical medals (I just seem to pick up the odd coin along the way) which you can see if you check my Omnicoin collection.

Most of my postings are in the exonumia forum, with a couple of medals posted in the Russian coin forum (the medals are connected with the Crimean War) and these few postings in your British coin forum. Again, any help and advice welcome.

Here is one of my posting of George III Medals Medals are more my cuppa tea. I am pretty strong with these. One other topic with British connection that you might enjoy. Huge Victoria & Albert Medals

Pretty impressive medals! Those look like rather valuable gems to me - although I don't have much knowledge of medals myself..

re. the transnumismatist pun - it's a play on words with 'transhumanism' - i.e. the belief that we will soon be living for 300 years and looking like we were forty, or thirty etc....

Pretty impressive medals! Those look like rather valuable gems to me - although I don't have much knowledge of medals myself..

re. the transnumismatist pun - it's a play on words with 'transhumanism' - i.e. the belief that we will soon be living for 300 years and looking like we were forty, or thirty etc....

I like that idea, plenty of time for collecting.

Archived