CoinPeople.com

Oops I did it again!

I'd say that it's a Very Fine coin and I have promised myself never to deal with the seller due to many reasons.

Nice portrait of Anna though.

Do you think some of his coins are fakes or is he not a nice guy??

Some others have left comments on CoinCommunity to the effect that they find him a strange character.

They say a VG - but this is a VF or thereabouts?? Is this true for the coin? hmmm

--------------

I've just followed his link to grading - very interesting.. after wondering why the explanation for grades is a bit vague and then thinking where is this site I started to wonder if it was even a separate source....I cut down the URL to get to the home page and it says, "Watford Coins" - I go back to eBay and look up his location. Hmmmm.. local boy!

Well it's much better than Fine in my opinion so I'd say VF.

The guy lists many coins as "new varieties" when they are not and so misleads many people. He also overgrades and inflates prices. Plus he's not the nicest coin collector I've met...

You've had a personal run-in with this bloke?

Not a personal one thankfully but I often see his auctions.

As for the second one I'd say a Strong VF, so you now own a Weak VF and a Strong VF. Very nice coins Matt, I do like Anna's coins and have quite a few myself including an aEF Maundy Set.

Well she wasn't on the throne for long when you look at the next few Georges. She also had quite a bit of variety what with those with the E below bust and then the Pre and Post Union coinage so I doubt they had a long minting run. I think the prices are dear due to the scarcity although her coins did have very high contents of silver as is shown by her Vigo coins which were made entirely from seized Spanish silver.

...and now I'm skint! Time to start selling again... :ninja:

I know what you mean, it goes out quicker than it comes in... Oh well, it's all for a good cause!

Archived