CoinPeople.com

Photograph of a genuine buffalo nickel

Gwent_Boy

Has anybody a good quality photograph of a genuine buffalo nickel they would be prepared to let me use in my web Counterfeit Coin Newsletter. I would acknowledge and provide link if required.

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I don't have one ... but this article might interest you.... Check it out.

http://coins.about.com/od/worldcoins/ig/Ch...oin-Minting.htm

Regards

Chris

Nice nickel Vfox.

I have a 1938-D Buffalo graded MS-67 by NGC, the holder is scuffed up but if I tried I could probably get some good photos of it with a macro lens if and when I get a day off from work.

Assuming I can, what size photos do you want? I can provide anything up to 8MP, though 4MP would probably be fine for a newsletter.

Has anybody a good quality photograph of a genuine buffalo nickel they would be prepared to let me use in my web Counterfeit Coin Newsletter. I would acknowledge and provide link if required.

It's not slabbed, but I have no reason to doubt that it is genuine. The obverse has some little marks, but the reverse is very nice and shows lots of mint luster:

USA_Buffalo_Nickel_1935_obv.sized.jpg

USA_Buffalo_Nickel_1935_rev.sized.jpg

The horizontal marks under the denomination on the reverse look like die polish to me.

Guys & gals,

Thanks to you all for your help and assistance, some great photographs. bobH I will use your coin photograph. It never ceases to amaze me how friendly and helpful the coin community is.

Regards,

Robert

You might want to have pictures of both the Type 1 and Type 2 buffs ... the photo of the toned coin posted earlier is a nice example of the Type 1 or "raised mound" variety. Mine is Type 2, of course.

Here are the rest of my buffalo nickels (the page sometimes takes a moment to open):

http://hairgrove-goldberg.com/Gallery/CuNi-buffalo-nickels

Send me a personal message and I will tell you how to give credit, etc.

Archived