CoinPeople.com

Coins on a trip to NYC!

jtryka

I recently got back from a trip to NYC for a couple days, and as we were walking from one meeting to another, what should we pass, but Augustus Saint-Gaudens giant golden statue of winged victory in the park (this was the model for the double eagle obverse), then I was at the next meeting and it was right across the street from Stacks (near Carnegie Hall) but I didn't have time to go in, just saw some coins in the window that were very nice! All in all, a good trip with some nice surprises!

I'm making my first visit to the Big Apple next week. Not sure what I'll have time to see.

Lived in NY my whole life...never been to NYC. :/

I have lived and worked in NYC all my life and yet I have only been to Buffalo (near Tonawanda) once. (It's an eight hour drive!)

And my trip involved a very pretty blonde during my college days so I had major incentive... :ninja:

Dockwalliper, try and visit Stack's if only to check out their window display. It's always pretty impressive.

I live on the opposite end of the united states, so tough luck for me I guess. ;)

Sorry dude, kind of an East Coast thread here.

You're welcome to visit... :ninja:

Archived