CoinPeople.com

The coolest denga I've ever seen!

alexbq2

I know that a lot of people here have amazing collections, while mine is mostly an amateur curiosity museum. But staying in the realm of freak coins I just got one that just blew my mind :ninja:

Most (if not all) 1731 dengas are overstrikes on top of Peter's kopeeks. Check out this one, it is upside down for a purpose ;)

So for those who might be interested this is "Demo Your Freak Coin" challenge! ;)

fubar1731denga.jpg

I know that a lot of people here have amazing collections, while mine is mostly an amateur curiosity museum. But staying in the realm of freak coins I just got one that just blew my mind :ninja:

Most (if not all) 1731 dengas are overstrikes on top of Peter's kopeeks. Check out this one, it is upside down for a purpose ;)

So for those who might be interested this is "Demo Your Freak Coin" challenge! ;)

Very cool error coin, alexbq2! ;)

(...waiting impatiently to see what the other side looks like...)

No, the host coin is an off-center double struck MDZ Peter’s kopeek (probably 1713). On that protrusion on the left you can clearly see MD, and I think a bit of Z, along with about half the rider (St George). What I think is way neat about this coin is that it made it through the quality control (if they had any) back in 1713. It then went to back the mint in 1731 where nobody bothered fixing it in any way, got overstruck as a denga, got partially reedged and went back into circulation. I’m very surprised it did not clog their edging equipment!

The other side was squished, probably in 1731 so the design on the protrusion on that part of the coin is almost gone.

PS, all those bouncy smilies are making me dizzy :ninja:

Archived