CoinPeople.com

1732 rouble vf35-xf45?

cervonsas

hello again,

One day I visited a dealer in my neighborhood,looking for a russian roubles,what I had in mind was the last czars ruobles.Because I dont know much about anything else and yes I know its stupid to buy something when you dont know any info about it,but I kind of trusted him(the dealer),and bought it-I do have that impulsive shopping stuff :ninja: On the double-headed eagles right wing(above) there is some greenish colour,I guess its from PVC or am I wrong?And what grade it would get(aproximetly) if I would send it to the grading service.Not sure if the NGC are grading this period russian coinage.

(sorry for my english its not my first language)

151492032_o.jpg

151492146_o.jpg

151492181_o.jpg

IMHO you have good instincts! :ninja:

Can't tell you much about NGC, but I believe that you will not have any problems having it graded. Mintage was not small. At this time the government was removing the old silver hammered kopeeks out of circulation, and minting quite a few roubles out of them. But this is a very attractive piece (nicely preserved), and russian roubles are very, very, very popular these days, so...

Definitely nice. The question should not be how much were minted but instead, what are the survival rate of such rubles. That said, am I the only one to see the year as 1732/1? :ninja: Quite difficult to find them in such condition these days!

Bravo! Now that you mention it, I see it. Gxseries you truly are eagle eyed!

A very nice Ruble, and nice grade regards to detail. The variety of Anna Portraits is amazing. Hard to tell she is the same person, from engraver to engraver!

however, grading by one of the slabbers may be a problem, because the coin appears to have been harshly cleaned of its patina, so i dont think you will get a "number" grade

Definitely nice. The question should not be how much were minted but instead, what are the survival rate of such rubles. That said, am I the only one to see the year as 1732/1? :ninja: Quite difficult to find them in such condition these days!

Thank you all for the responding.

gxseries what you mean by saying 1732/1 is this coin has the design of the 1731 or did I misunderstood something.

What literature do you recommend for the 17th - 18th century russian coinage.

cervonsas, when I mean 1732/1, look carefully at the digit 2. It seems that there was a digit 1 which is then re-engraved to 2. This was done to save dies and some overdates can be quite rare so you might have something there! But again, this is my opinion and I have no reference about coins from this era. I heard that Poluiko is the best when it comes to the Anna rubles but I make no guarantee here.

here it is,the closer look at the date

151705618_o.jpg

is it the vertical line in the inner circle of the digit 2?Its the only coin which I have from that period,the others are from the NikolayII so I dont have any on hands piece for comparison.

Archived