CoinPeople.com

Looking information about old exchange rate

gxseries

The pre-1933 Chinese yuan/dollar was on the silver standard, and I believe that Japan by then had gone to the gold standard (in part due to reparations from China as a result of the 1895 war), so the rate would had depended on the silver/gold ratio.

Not sure about Korea, though.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for the exchange rate of the Japanese yen to Korean fun and Chinese yuan back in the 1900s. Probably quite difficult to find but never know what people here might know. Thanks in advance :ninja:
In the late 19th Century Korea was a "protectorate" of Japan, with their economies closely linked, and from about 1902 until the end of World War II, Korea was a Japanese province, using Japanese currency and coins. As a result, there was really no separate Korean exchange rate with other countries during the time you are inquiring about.

Since the silver weights of the US$, the Japanese¥ and the Chinese Yuan/Dollar were substantially the same, at least before World War I, the "exchange rate" would have fluctuated very slightly with the relative values of silver and gold.

The pre-1933 Chinese yuan/dollar was on the silver standard, and I believe that Japan by then had gone to the gold standard (in part due to reparations from China as a result of the 1895 war), so the rate would had depended on the silver/gold ratio.

Not sure about Korea, though.

Also under Chinese protected,so we can say :China & Japan OCCUPIED Korea

Archived