CoinPeople.com

Whole lotta errors!

Well, you still can't have the letters of the die stretch to fit a blank. That is what I am trying to say. if that is the case then the die to strike your nickel would have to be extremely distorted. and would never be used again. I seethe stretching on Wineburgs coin. but if you notice though the "stretching" still doesn't excede the original distance, what you see on his coin is some flow lines from where the metal travelled away from the center of impact. For a coin to truelly have "stretched letters there are only 2 ways, and of which, I personally don't feel that yours is either. #1 The die has been distorted to a quarter size (which I have never heard of such a thing to date) or #2 the coin was struck repeatedly over and over and over without a collar and then the coin would have had to have been struck in the range of 20 to 100 times to achieve that effect. I just don't see that plausible either. Don't get me wrong I would keep the coin, but from personal experience and over 10 years of error coin collecting (also a former member of CONECA and a current member of NCADD), that nickle would go under the ALTERED COINS section in my collections. It just doesn't look right to me.

On another note, is there a limit to the amount of space that can be uploaded to the server in a given day or is it that there just isn't enough space to upload more pics to it? Because I took several shots yesterday that I would like to post. and I also have an early die state 1954-D D/D/D that shows both Mintmarks. :ninja:

Gotta run time to work....LOL