CoinPeople.com

pennies galore!!

cestrin

My grandpa recently sent me a lot of pennies. To be exact, I have: $16 in 1961 - D pennies, $12.50 in 1969 - S pennies, and $25 in 1970 - S pennies... I really don't know what to do with them. They're all BU in original wraps from the mint. I don't know whether I should hold on to them, take them out of the rolls, or just sell them in bulk. Any input would be appreciated.

Your best bet for selling them will either be in bulk or by the roll. You could try offering them on the board here in the Sell forum to see if anyone is interested. If no interest you could move them on to ebay or some other auction site.

So I thought about it and wouldn't the shipping cost be outrageous like 4 times more than they're worth?? Also, I should have thought about this before, but I'm leaving town in 5 or so hours so I wouldn't be able to get them shipped for a couple of months :ninja:

The buyer is suppose to pay for shipping. If they want to buy from you then they must agree with your shipment costs before you send them the package. What you need to know is how many rolls you can actually lift and get into to the post office.

USPS has several different sizes of free one rate boxes. Check in the lobby of your post office and see if there are some on display.

Oh, as as they would be priority mail you can use the usps's peel and stick mailing labels free. The postal clerk can also give you a little card that gives mailing rates of the various types of mailing you might require.

jeankay

So what is the problem with just saving them? If you don't need the money, just hang on to them. I'd invest in those plastic rolls and put them in there. I'm sure your grandma would be happy knowing you thought enough of her present to keep them. Since you got them free, just hang on to them.

Archived