CoinPeople.com

metals, alloys, compositions... help

8realesgt

I'll tell you a funny story......I was living in Arizona with my ex and he wanted me to meet his friends so, I did. One girl comes up to me and says, "So, you're from Guatemala....what do you speak there? Latin, right!" :ninja:

So what language do they speak there? I would think Slang English since I would think Guatemala is a suburb of Chicago.

There are coins made in tantalum, and this is one of it:

941461.jpg

Thanks for the reference! :ninja: I notice it is marked as Ta? is that right?, what mark is above the Ta? Ag? How long have they been making coins of this metal? Is it usually used only on medals or coins, too?

So what language do they speak there? I would think Slang English since I would think Guatemala is a suburb of Chicago.

I imagine you say this because, there must be a large Guatemalan Community in Chicago? And they deteriorate the English Language. Unfortunately, that is the image many people have of these third world countries. I have many American (USA) friends living in Guatemala (Central America) that have yet to learn Castilian.

I imagine you say this because, there must be a large Guatemalan Community in Chicago? And they deteriorate the English Language. Unfortunately, that is the image many people have of these third world countries. I have many American (USA) friends living in Guatemala (Central America) that have yet to learn Castilian.

I have no idea of any Guratemalan People around the Chicago area. What I said was intended to be a joke. You know, a funny thing. Some people, like me, are just silly with comments about our community and in this case, Chicago. The rest of the world is a suburb of our city. :ninja:

Guess we'll just have to start making coins that say Chicago next. ;)

I have no idea of any Guratemalan People around the Chicago area. What I said was intended to be a joke. You know, a funny thing. Some people, like me, are just silly with comments about our community and in this case, Chicago. The rest of the world is a suburb of our city. :ninja:

You can use all that leftover scrap metal from a few years back. ;p

Kazakhstan is the first country that struck coins in tantalum but in bi-metal coins, silver and tantalum. Mintage for the 2006 Space series was only 4000 and the 2007 with the same number. I'm still looking for the Chinese coin that is struck in antimony - said to be quite rare today.

How many Chinese coins were minted and what year?? I have no idea what antimony is.... what does that coin look like is it coin or medal? good luck finding it!! :ninja:

Sorry, I took it too personal..... I understando now, joke! I don't know much about the Chicago culture..... the Bears, right? ;)

Some people, like me, are just silly with comments about our community and in this case, Chicago. The rest of the world is a suburb of our city. :ninja:

Of course you were joking.

Everyone knows Chicago is a suburb of New York. ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived