CoinPeople.com

Canada Quarters

tqc2002

Hi all,

I have heared that there were 25 cents coins from Canda that were published in a serie, like the 50 states of the USA, I wonder how many different coins were published in that serie.

I have found this site about my USA Quarters and it is great for my needs:

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/50sq_p...action=schedule

anyone have a good site for the 25 cent Coins series that I can see all the coins with great details.

Thanks

TQ

Thanks,

I have been at wiki page dealing the 25c of Canada, and still confused :ninja:.

I'm intersted in the series of the Quarters - from USA and Canada.

About USA Quarters I know that there are 50 different coins (5 coins a year for 10 years). But about Canada I'm not sure.. How many where structed each year? and in which years?

Can anyone help me with that - I want to start collecting Candaian Quarters along with my American Quarters.

Thanks

TQ

Commemorative Canadian Quarter Series:

1992 - 10 Provinces and 2 Territories

1999 - Millennium Series - 12 designs (Jan, Feb, etc.)

2000 - Millennium Series - 12 designs (Creativity, Wisdom, etc.)

2007-2009 - 12 Olympic Quarters, + 3 additional "medalist" quarters produced at the very end. (total of 15)

There are also a number of other (non-caribou) quarters produced in the recent years:

Pink Ribbon

Red Poppy

Bravery

Veterans

etc.

Thank you very much Topher :ninja:

You have given me exactly what I was looking for, and also sort things out for me ;) Thanks again.

Can you also help me with a link to a page or a site that deals with the Canadian Quarters? (besides wiki)/

Thanks in advanced

TQ

Thanks again Topher! you have been a great help :ninja:

I have learned a lot about the 25c Cannadian Series. I have found that thee are 12 coins from 1992 - CANADA 125, also there are 24 coins from 1999 and 2000 - MILLENNIUM, and there are more coins that are not a series (or maybe they are, But it is hard for me to notice that), There is also 12 coins (I could not find the other 3 coins) from VANCOUBER OLYMPIC that should be at 2010 (coins were structed/will be struct at 2007 - 2009) - I would be glad to hear more about the coins and if there is a good site I would be glad to visit ;)

One question, How much should I pay for a Canadian Quarter (in US currency) from 1999 and 2000 or 1992 and the new ones from 2007 and 2008?.

Thanks

TQ

For a UNC piece, $1 is about typical for the 1992 quarters. You can usually get a set for less.

The 1999 and 2000 ones I'd recommend paying 75c for UNC if bought individually.

If you're patient, you can find the 1992, 1999 and 2000 sets on ebay from time to time where the winning bid is around $5 or so. They may be lightly circulated though, so read the descriptions carefully. If you don't mind circulated examples, then there are plenty of Canadian forum members ( :ninja: ) who are happy to help out. I've found the 1992 quarters are starting to get scarcer in circulation, but the 1999 and 2000 can still be found fairly often.

• 1 month later...

Don't forget, too, that there will be six different designs (12 varieties in total with the mintmarks) of USA Quarters issued for circulation in 2009. The specific designs have not been unveiled yet, but they will be for DC and the five territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the US Virgin Islands and the Commonweatlth of the Northern Mariana Islands).

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/DCAndTerritories/

Mike

Archived