CoinPeople.com

New Lincoln Design?

syzygy

I keep hearing about some new design for the 2009 anniversery Lincoln Cent, but all the ones I get look like the same old thing - what's up with that??

Well, I heard some of the new pennies will be made of steel. Do you have any images of those? :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

I read that the feds gave the mint the OK to make some 95% coppers ones. Now there is 4 designs for the reverse in 2009. Four different times in Lincolns life. I wondering if the mint will release all 4 in a proof set at a later date then usual or I will have to buy 4 proof sets. lol Also if they do make the copper one , i'm sure it will be a limited amount? We'll see what happens i guess. :ninja:

I read that the feds gave the mint the OK to make some 95% coppers ones. Now there is 4 designs for the reverse in 2009. Four different times in Lincolns life. I wondering if the mint will release all 4 in a proof set at a later date then usual or I will have to buy 4 proof sets. lol Also if they do make the copper one , i'm sure it will be a limited amount? We'll see what happens i guess. ;)

My prediction is that it will be done in a manner that maximizes profits (for the mint) and entices (suckers?) me into buying some :ninja:

Don't know if you've seen any of those privately made sets with coins like all the 1943 Steel Cents, One of each type of 20th Century Nickel, etc. I'm sure once the new 2009 Cents come out there will be a wave of these type of sets. Probably one of each 2009 and several of the 1909 ones. Or a set with a 1909 VDB and a 2009 VDB. All sorts of those will be flooding the market soon.

• 2 months later...

This is more of a rant then anything, one of the designs for the reverse in 2009 is maybe to be his birth cabin, a design I did back in 2005. I will post pictures at the end of this post, and not knowing how to submit the design to the mint, I made a grave error in posting the picture on a few other coin site, well, the way I figure it, some lazy low life rat basturd lifted the picture, and knew how to submit the design, not after he changed it around a bit, but not far enough from my original design. the colorized version is the one I did back in 2005, the black & White I lifted off an Article on the new designs earlier this year.

You tell me, what are the chances of two people coming up with the same design...................B.

LC_R_1_02bw.jpg

Picture_022_1.jpg

Well, if he can prove a copyright date for his work then he has a case. Otherwise he is SOL. It's how things work, if you don't keep real records of your work and time/date stamp all digital work, it can be stolen from you easily. Proving something is always the hardest part, good luck.

I have the date/time of the original, I even have copies of the threads were I posted it the first time, now what, spend money on a lawyer to fight something they may not use, I don't think so. I tried contacting my state senator as well a bunch of other, right up to the mint, never got a reply. That tell me something about government..................................... and if that design is used, at least I know who the true designer is.

I have the date/time of the original, I even have copies of the threads were I posted it the first time, now what, spend money on a lawyer to fight something they may not use, I don't think so. I tried contacting my state senator as well a bunch of other, right up to the mint, never got a reply. That tell me something about government..................................... and if that design is used, at least I know who the true designer is.

I think you're trying to go too big too fast with it. Getting this information out with proof that you are the original artist does not have to cost loads of money, just loads of footwork. You should also contact the artist who has stolen your work, or the group that has stolen it. I am an artist, I know what it feels like to have work stolen and used without permission and I also know it can normally be easily remedied.

I would first contact the person who has stolen your design.

If nothing comes from that, contact the website promoting his/your design and bring up the issue.

If nothing continues to be done, refer to your local art centers for help.

Finally contact the local newspaper to bring this to the publics attention, this will really only work if your design is one of the designs chosen.

If nothing is done and you really want recognition for your work (which as an artist you should, and deserve it) contact the mint PR department and go up from there. Eventually you will get someone to help you, although I have little faith it will be right away.

At anyrate, if this really is your design, it is up to you to stop its use. Good luck to you, one artist to another.

I think you're trying to go too big too fast with it. Getting this information out with proof that you are the original artist does not have to cost loads of money, just loads of footwork. You should also contact the artist who has stolen your work, or the group that has stolen it. I am an artist, I know what it feels like to have work stolen and used without permission and I also know it can normally be easily remedied.

I would first contact the person who has stolen your design.

If nothing comes from that, contact the website promoting his/your design and bring up the issue.

If nothing continues to be done, refer to your local art centers for help.

Finally contact the local newspaper to bring this to the publics attention, this will really only work if your design is one of the designs chosen.

If nothing is done and you really want recognition for your work (which as an artist you should, and deserve it) contact the mint PR department and go up from there. Eventually you will get someone to help you, although I have little faith it will be right away.

At anyrate, if this really is your design, it is up to you to stop its use. Good luck to you, one artist to another.

Vfox, I don't want to stop it's use, I want reconition for the design, check this out...............................

Thank you for your email. Please provide us with documentation regarding your assertion either by email to this email address or by mail to Office of Chief Counsel, United States Mint, 801 9th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20220.

Brendan B. Adams

Special Assistant

Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs

United States Mint :ninja:;);););)

Archived