CoinPeople.com

1892 Rouble

janneen

In Konros there are two varieties of small head 1892 rouble: B="Beard doesn't touch legend" and C="Beard touches lengend".

I think this is the first one (and more rare). I'm I correct?

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=944834

I'm not sure about the variety, but it is a beautiful coin! :ninja: These are getting extremely hard to find in such nice condition.

Bitkin lists two obverse varieties (75 and 76), neither marked as scarce, but I don't see the beard touching the legend in either.

I'm not sure about the variety, but it is a beautiful coin! :ninja: These are getting extremely hard to find in such nice condition.

Bitkin lists two obverse varieties (75 and 76), neither marked as scarce, but I don't see the beard touching the legend in either.

It would be interesting if someone could combine all the different books and varieties...let's say Bitkin, Konros, Uzdenikov and Julian. That would be quite a complete presentation of varieties.

It would be interesting if someone could combine all the different books and varieties...let's say Bitkin, Konros, Uzdenikov and Julian. That would be quite a complete presentation of varieties.

IMHO, not touching. Although I have been quite confused by this myself because neither variety is actually touching, but one has a beard closer than the other. For 1892 the not touching variety is allegedly scarcer.

As far as combining catalogs, Bitkin catalog attempts to do just that. But I guess if you go into overdates, overstrikes and minor varieties the catalog would be just too big.

Archived