CoinPeople.com

What do you think James Buchanan's Liberty will look like?

TreasureGirl

If James Buchanan served 1857-1861, and the Draped and Capped bust and Seated Liberty images were already used, which type of Liberty do you think they would use for his Liberty? Also, which Liberty would you most prefer to see?

The liberty seated design will be used on Martin Van Buren's coin later this year. I just looked at the schedule, and Garfield is the last Liberty coin, so this series will have a quick end for me in 2010!

Where are you looking? The US Mint schedule says that Garfield won't have a Liberty - rather, the first spouse coin will depict a Lucretia Garfield? According to the mint it looks like Van Buren's will be the last Liberty, which is a shame, because I would have loved to see a variety of deep-cameo Libertys available to my collection (bronze medals).

Where are you looking? The US Mint schedule says that Garfield won't have a Liberty - rather, the first spouse coin will depict a Lucretia Garfield? According to the mint it looks like Van Buren's will be the last Liberty, which is a shame, because I would have loved to see a variety of deep-cameo Libertys available to my collection (bronze medals).

Sorry, I meant Buchanan, his is the last in 2010.