CoinPeople.com

Anybody else smell something funny with this seller?

squirrel

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsonja.brwn

The feedback seems awfully suspicious, and in fact doesnt make sense. Does anyone recognize these photos?

The coins dont look fake, but i think the seller is. Hijackers? Pirates? :ninja:

I think it's the same gang as here. Selling air with stolen pictures.

Okay let's converse about these:

I only accept PayPal due to their high fees

Huh? :ninja: Because the seller is a fraud and wants the money quick.

If for some reason this coin is not shipped within 30 days of the closing date of this auction, you will receive a full refund.

Like I will not put my hand on my bum, or might grow there!

Should be required to put this in their auction:

redflag.gif

Check out the feedback, all created in 2 days for the same 0.9c listing from ebay users who were created just for the purpose to leave the feedback. It's surprising how many people are bidding without realizing such an obvious fraud,.

Ebay has not cancelled the listings, as of 32 minutes till end of auctions. It appears some "lucky" bidders will be out some good money.

I will happily bid 1,000,000.00 for each coin, if i didnt think i would end up somehow being punished by ebay. Of course, i would need a volunteer to underbid me to 999,999,999.00

Ebay has not cancelled the listings, as of 32 minutes till end of auctions. It appears some "lucky" bidders will be out some good money.

That is what happened when ariba first alerted us to the extremely odd nature of these auctions and ebay was alerted. There have been other reports made to ebay and, to the best of my knowledge, with the same outcome - the auction proceeds to completion.

Given what appears to be a generally consistent failure on the part of ebay to act, it seems to me that one might reasonably begin to wonder what it will take before ebay might be considered as not merely an enabler, but a co-conspirator, in the defrauding of the public.

Hopefully, the high bidders and the more than $5,000 they spent on these sales, are as much phantoms as the coins allegedly being offered for "sale".

Given what appears to be a generally consistent failure on the part of ebay to act, it seems to me that one might reasonably begin to wonder what it will take before ebay might be considered as not merely an enabler, but a co-conspirator, in the defrauding of the public.

I believe that Tiffany has taken eBay to court because of all the fake watches and jewelry out there. Does anybody know how this has proceeded?

Archived