CoinPeople.com

5kop1764CM from the Aalborg collection for gxseries' eagle eye

sigistenz

Here we go with another Aalborg coin. I must confess that I did not spot the 10 on the last one but I believe you, Hisa. How about this coin here? 4 more to come - OK? Thanks, Sigi

iaspx2wi3.jpg

By sigistenz

iaspxqw5.jpg

By sigistenz

This coin was auctioned by THOMAS HØILAND, Copenhagen

15 degrees clockwise in second image.

The letter "b" is in the ferns and the number "7" is right under the EII. The base of the number "1" for the denomination 10 kopek can be seen right after the crown. It is not touching the crown although it is almost touching the monogram.

gxseries, I see something right at the top of the obverse between the wreath on the left and the monogram. I haven't had much time to look at this (and won't for another week or so), but it was the first thing I noticed ... except that in general, this coin has that "overstruck look" about it (without me knowing exactly why).

gxseries, I see something right at the top of the obverse between the wreath on the left and the monogram. I haven't had much time to look at this (and won't for another week or so), but it was the first thing I noticed ... except that in general, this coin has that "overstruck look" about it (without me knowing exactly why).

I think I am getting closer to seeing something (?). Convinced that this is an overstrike coin.

We have to take into account that the 10kop1762 itself bears mostly features of its undercoin, the 5kopElisabeth.

And that those older marks may also be transmitted to the CM coin. Sigi

Archived