CoinPeople.com

1936 P Lincoln cent

Where is everybody?????

Okay, I give up, twenty-nine lookers and no responses or guesses.

This 1936P very well circulated Lincoln was found in a 500 coin batch that I bought from an ebay seller. The photograph was first posted on another forum and received very quick responses.

It has been determined this 36P Lincoln cent is a:

1936-P LC.DDO#002 or

Coneca 2-0-V or

Breen #2135 a rarity of six, triple die obverse.

The coin was hubbed from a working die that was missing the left leg of R from Liberty.

It is said this coin is tougher to find than the DDO-001.

No only did I find this coin, I found five more that *might* be from the same die.

Four of the coins have the bottom half of the leg of the R in Liberty broken off.

These four have what I believe to be normal lettering.

The fifth coin may or not be from the same die seeing as it does not have the broken leg, but does have heavy lettering on Liberty and the date.

Corky

Where is everybody?????

Okay, I give up, twenty-nine lookers and no responses or guesses.

This 1936P very well circulated Lincoln was found in a 500 coin batch that I bought from an ebay seller. The photograph was first posted on another forum and received very quick responses.

It has been determined this 36P Lincoln cent is a:

1936-P LC.DDO#002 or

Coneca 2-0-V or

Breen #2135 a rarity of six, triple die obverse.

The coin was hubbed from a working die that was missing the left leg of R from Liberty.

It is said this coin is tougher to find than the DDO-001.

No only did I find this coin, I found five more that *might* be from the same die.

Four of the coins have the bottom half of the leg of the R in Liberty broken off.

These four have what I believe to be normal lettering.

The fifth coin may or not be from the same die seeing as it does not have the broken leg, but does have heavy lettering on Liberty and the date.

Corky

I'm a newb here, but it does look interesting.

Looks like it came off a die that was pluged up, or well used in other words.

The other forum was very excited about this coin, with many longtime searchers having yet to find this 1936P error coin.

The Red Book of Coins has the value listed as 55.00 for an F-12... all the way to $1000.00 for an MS60 (my coin is very much toward the lower grade).

This coin is the first example of a very sought after double (in this case triple) die on the date, and the word Liberty.

I just wanted to share my best find so far.

corky

The other forum was very excited about this coin, with many longtime searchers having yet to find this 1936P error coin.

The Red Book of Coins has the value listed as 55.00 for an F-12... all the way to $1000.00 for an MS60 (my coin is very much toward the lower grade).

This coin is the first example of a very sought after double (in this case triple) die on the date, and the word Liberty.

I just wanted to share my best find so far.

corky

oops! part of my sentence is still in my head... 'This coin is the first example of a very sought after double (in this case triple) die on the date, and the word Liberty' (adding) that I have found to date.

cool corky very nice find!!!!

Thanks Dustin.

It sure made my week when I found it in a batch of 500 coins I purchased from a seller on 'ebay'. <--( I know, I shouldn't be using four letter words, as there might be juveniles reading this) :ninja:

Today I finished up about 1,500 Lincoln cents a friend was hoarding. I think there are about two dozen wheats in the entire batch and I am going to recommend she get rid of all the zincs and put some money in her pocket.

The only surprise I found in her coins is a 1960D-1MM-023 D/D.

Guess I will have to give it back to her with the remainder of the coins.

Talk to you later.

corky

Archived