CoinPeople.com

A second 5kop1763CM from Aalborg collection

sigistenz

Here is a second 5kop1763CM for gxseries' eagle eyes. This time even I can see some underlying features, but don't know how they fit into the earlier 10kop

(if there was any). :ninja: Sigi

n2502522kq6.jpg

By sigistenz

n2502523jk6.jpg

By sigistenz

This coin was auctioned by THOMAS HØILAND, KØBENHAVN

using the existing examples and apparent proof of overstriking, we should conclude that all CM pyataks are a result of mass overstriking and, therefore, should not be considered to be rare in any shape or form. I think that if one is not overstruck, it is much rarer? :ninja:

squirrel, I can't work out from that resolution. Please kindly upload a larger resolution if it is possible.

Lennysky, I would find it odd though. For a one year time coin, actually much less since there are coins of Elizabeth coins dated 1762, if it takes four years at various mints to overstrike the one year type coin, from 1763-1767, something is obviously wrong with the production factor unless the mints decided to be very lazy. Or what is more likely is that a mixture of both is performed, i.e. overstriking and striking new coins on fresh planchets.

Hello folks. Here is another one for your study, Gxseries. I am not yet a "believer" but there are some little patterns in the fields that might be something.

Keep in mind, everybody, 1763CM overstrikes are well known. I've shown striking examples in earlier threads. It's 1764-1767CM for which we need to find clearer evidence.

Steve, I believe there is a point to this. It is definately undisputable that a fair amount of the 1763 CM 5 kopeks are overstruck.

The more important question is, are all 1763 CM 5 kopeks overstruck? If so, I believe it is a good opportunity to let everyone see what I am looking at instead of bluntly putting their coins away and not understand the importance of such overstrikes.

Ideally I would like to have my hands on a 1764-1767 CM 5 kopek for study purposes and I'll willing to trade my overstruck 1724 kopek during the study time period. Given the price of the CM 5 kopek these days, it's just not feasible to buy a batch and prove it. Just too expensive. :ninja:

Archived