CoinPeople.com

My collection

hairytoe

Hello everyone.

I have been putting together a collection for a little while now and I have started putting them into some sort of order and listing them.

I thought that some people may be interested in the coins that I have added to the list so far, so I have added them to my website. A few things need to changed, some more details added and some other coins too.

Please let me know what you think.

Hairytoe coin list

Sorry if I have added this post into the wrong area.

Thanks

Karl

Hi Karl,

Seems like you have quite a comprehensive collection. Unfortunetely the images didn't load on my screen.

Welcome to CoinPeople :ninja:

That's because the directory is on his local drive, C:, rather than a server accessible to the internet.

Cheers.

Clive.

Hello,

I have not organised all of the images for the coins yet. I still have a fair few coins that I want to add to the list before I start taking the photos etc.

Do you guys/girls reccoment focusing on collectiong one type of coin or year of coin instead of what ever I can get my hands on?

Hello,

I have not organised all of the images for the coins yet. I still have a fair few coins that I want to add to the list before I start taking the photos etc.

Do you guys/girls reccoment focusing on collectiong one type of coin or year of coin instead of what ever I can get my hands on?

I collect English Hammered coins but focus on the Medieval period rather than Celtic, Tudor, Stuart etc...

It's up to you, what appeals to you is what you should collect not what appeals to other people.

Hello,

I also have a coin which I find to be rather interesting, this is the reason I started collecting in the first place.

I found a coin in my garden which I did not think anything of. TO cut a long story short, the coin was sent off to Oxford university to be examined. The coin had never been seen before so I was added to some coin index book as the finder of a new coin type or something. The coin was also added to this website HERE. My coin is the last one on the page.

Thought I would share that one with you. The coin is in bad condition but is still a great find ( i think).

Cheers

untitled.JPG

It is obviously a Celtic coin as the link he provides is of "The Celtic coin of the week - June/July 2001"

I would suggest either an unknown variety or a contemporary forgery.

Hairytoe, have you ever thought about asking Chris Rudd?

Cheers,

Clive.

It was Chris Rudd who sent the coin off to be examined by Dr De Jersey at Oxford university.

Ah, well if he doesn't know then I can't think of anyone else, sorry!

It is obviously a Celtic coin as the link he provides is of "The Celtic coin of the week - June/July 2001"

Maybe I should have went to the link sorry.

If it's a new variety then you could be looking at a lot, if it's a contemporary forgery then not as much. All depends on the actual coin, without knowing what it is no one can tell.

Archived