CoinPeople.com

Fake Russian Plate on that Online Fleamarket

Scottishmoney

I have submitted my "best offer" for substantially less than $73,000. ;)

I cant wait for the reply.

The seller wants that much money for it, but says

1700s Heavy Russian Copper Bullion

Up for auction is a heavy Russian copper Russian plate money bullion with double-headed eagle emblems and date 1726, 1/4" thick, 2 3/8 x 2 3/8

We have no other information on this item, as this is not our forte.

We are reaching out to the numismatic community for help in identifying it.

He has no idea what he's selling (or so he claims), yet somehow thinks it's worth $73,300.00.

Uh-huh. Sure. I believe that.

Just like I believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. :ninja:

fakeplate1yv7.jpg

fakeplate2sn4.jpg

fakeplate3fw8.jpg

My fake is better .. I'm not sure of the value of my statement.. I think this can get silly sometimes .. that's not a bad thing .. mike

Your fake is better, better quality, better price, and not fraudulently listed for $73K. Actually I want to find a cheap fake Russian plate sometime to play with.

Actually I want to find a cheap fake Russian plate sometime to play with.

There is some eBay seller who sells only fakes ... "copymania", perhaps? He usually lists some plates along with a few beard tokens and lots of "patterns". ;)

Strange, but I haven't seen him offer a fake Sestroretsk rouble yet ... would probably cost too much to ship, anyway! :ninja:

Good point. The $73,300 seller, on the other hand, is offering FREE SHIPPING!! ;)

Now where did I put my wallet? ;)

Actually, wasn't the price only $73,000 and $300 for shipping? Insurance is extra, of course... :ninja:

Good price, but did you see the shipping? :ninja:

Hey, c'mon, you know there ain't no such thing as a free grivna (... ehm, lunch, that is)!

I didn't see the shipping, and now the auction appears to have been prematurely ended. Aw, shucks ... I was going to bid on that one myself! ;)

Hey, c'mon, you know there ain't no such thing as a free grivna (... ehm, lunch, that is)!

I didn't see the shipping, and now the auction appears to have been prematurely ended. Aw, shucks ... I was going to bid on that one myself! :ninja:

Cheer up, bobh! All is not lost.

BTW, this "grivna" is the exceedingly rare plate kopek. It would certainly be worth more than 99 cents (if only it was real).

fakeplatekopektt3.gif

Cheer up, bobh! All is not lost.

BTW, this "grivna" is the exceedingly rare plate kopek. It would certainly be worth more than 99 cents (if only it was real).

fakeplatekopektt3.gif

Thanks! ;)

Actually, don't you think this would make a great design for a birthday cake? ;) Chocolate frosting with some marzipan devices and lettering ... ? :ninja:

You definitely have been in Europe too long when you talk about marzipan in a cake :ninja:

If only it was that easy to buy in America. I can remember whole meals of marzipan and Schnapps in Europe ;)

I was going to reveal my ignorance by asking what marzipan is, but decided to do a search instead. Sort of like Nutella, I guess.

In any event, it does sound more appealing than the Online Fleamarket offering.

I was going to reveal my ignorance by asking what marzipan is, but decided to do a search instead. Sort of like Nutella, I guess.

In any event, it does sound more appealing than the Online Fleamarket offering.

It is a lot better than Nutella, and fortunately easier to find even in the USA. Just not in the great big quantities like in Europe.

Actually, Nutella is made from hazelnuts and chocolate (??) whereas marzipan has no chocolate in it. However, one of my favorite treats is the chocolate-covered marzipan goody known as "Lübecker Marzipan" (and is made in Lübeck, Germany of all places)! :ninja:

Marzipan by itself is white, unless some food coloring has been used to make it a different color.

Archived