CoinPeople.com

Break in at the shop

LostDutchman

I'm going to a coin show in York in the middle of June....not sure if they would travel that far, but you never know. I'll be sure to keep an eye open. I hope you recover your coins Matt and I hope the thief gets what's coming to him.

I must add my condolences and give thanks that my particular coin made a successful escape from the desk of doom. Seriously I hope someone gets the opportunity to break every bone in every finger of these scum.

When they are caught, politly ask the Police officer in charge if you can introduce them to your new pet Rotts and invite them to dinner as the main course. Hope that your insurance company dont cause you any headaches either.

• 1 month later...
i wonder how you can defend against this sort of thing without becoming totally paranoid ... a burglar would have a field day in my place (if they could stand the noise once the alarm went off).

All coins in the 'Raw' kept on an electrified metal tray would rid the world of some vermin! :ninja:

the insurance company was very helpful and my claim was paid in full.

Well at least something good's happened!

All coins in the 'Raw' kept on an electrified metal tray would rid the world of some vermin! ;)

A company had several weekend break ins, by cutting thru the fence. They had us run a few bare wires on insulators around the fence line. Then inside the building thru some insulators. Hang some High Voltage signs. And no more break ins. We did not even hook it up to anything on the inside. :ninja:

A company had several weekend break ins, by cutting thru the fence. They had us run a few bare wires on insulators around the fence line. Then inside the building thru some insulators. Hang some High Voltage signs. And no more break ins. We did not even hook it up to anything on the inside. :ninja:

Haha, we do that on some of the fields around my house to keep people out. ;)

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your breakin. My Dad's coin shop got broken into in England and they stole some gold and silver coins.The police said they were likely to just get them melted down as fast as they could since you cant prove they have your coins when they just have a lump of metal. My Dad almost freaked out at the thought of those coins just being melted down. So I hope you have better luck with yours and the theives try to sell them, perferably back to you! Some theives are not too bright lets hope the ones that hit your store fall into that catagory.

Archived