CoinPeople.com

Examples of obvious CM overstrikes

1763CM

Interesting that the reverse looks so clean compared to obverse.

I'm not sure how something like that happens. :ninja: A tentative thought that comes to mind is that the devices on the undertype might have been in higher relief on one side than the other, but I doubt that is the answer.

I'm not sure how something like that happens. :ninja: A tentative thought that comes to mind is that the devices on the undertype might have been in higher relief on one side than the other, but I doubt that is the answer.

Not as clean as I thought...I just noticed a lovely overstruck 'mini-crown' on the main reverse crown. ;)

Not as clean as I thought...I just noticed a lovely overstruck 'mini-crown' on the main reverse crown. :ninja:

Neat coin. Is this yours? Or is it a picture from an accumulated archive of photos that have appeared on the web?

Neat coin. Is this yours? Or is it a picture from an accumulated archive of photos that have appeared on the web?

Not mine (I don't think). It is indeed a picture from an accumulated archive of photos but that archive is certainly not on the web. :ninja:

Hundreds of thousands of Russian coin images that I've patiently collected over many years.

Those are VERY good examples - only wished they are that excellent :ninja:

Speaking of which Steve, from these three images, how many 1763 CM 5 kopek were these out of? I'm curious about the statistics figure.

I have about 65 1763CM images. BUT...before we start thinking about 3 out of 65 as a ratio, I pulled these 3 examples out as immediately obvious. I haven't been through the other 62 very carefully. There may be more I guess is the point. Of course if anybody wants to go through them all.... ;)