CoinPeople.com

NEED HELP IDENTIFYING COIN

diamond

South  east Asia. . .um Thailand I think.

Thailand is correct; You can more often than not identify coins like that by going to your K&M World Coins book (if one has a copy) and turning to the Instant Identifier section also the list of numbers in various scripts would help, however if you wish to translate you can find the Thai script here http://www.omniglot.com/ along with just about every other form of writing in present and past use. It won’t give you the English translation only the Romanization but you can often determine the country and denomination of a coin.

Thailand is correct; You can more often than not identify coins like that by going to your K&M World Coins book (if one has a copy) and turning to the Instant Identifier section also the list of numbers in various scripts would help, however if you wish to translate you can find the Thai script here http://www.omniglot.com/ along with just about every other form of writing in present and past use. It won’t give you the English translation only the Romanization  but you can often determine the country and denomination of a coin.

Excellent reference link - thanks

Thank you all for your information. I really appreciate it. You all may be seeing a lot of questions coming from me, being a beginner and such. Your assistance and patience is much appreciated. I hope I don't bother too much.

Thank you all for your information.  I really appreciate it.  You all may be seeing a lot of questions coming from me, being a beginner and such.  Your assistance and patience is much appreciated.  I hope I don't bother too much.

Diamond, one of the most important aspects of this hobby is obtaining knowledge. And obtaining knowledge can be done in two ways: reading (books, magazines, web sites, etc.) and asking questions.

And that's what this forum is for, asking questions and answering questions. We've all started as beginner, not knowing much. And most of us still have lots of questions.

And don't worry about your questions, we're happy to answer them.

There are no stupid questions.

But when you have a question, but don't ask, that's stupid!

Archived