CoinPeople.com

New seller dictates policy on postage charges

NumisMattic2200

OK, another problematic seller - a newish one too surprise surprise.

I must admit I'm getting pretty sick of being messed around by pushy and unscrupulous seller who like to make their own rules and policies up to suit themselves.

My latest 'purchases' on the bay

My latest purchases Mach II

So basically, the original postage costs of the lots I've won are 1.00 and 1.65 and somehow the invoice reads 2.00 GBP for each one (??) - I've asked him to combine invoices to reduce postage and this is the response he gives me:

Hi Matt.... Paypal is placing these amounts on the invoices. That's why I detest them!... If you are not using them, send me £1.95 to cover the postage. I would like to have some cover up to £34 in case of loss.

Thanks,

Campbell

I may post this is ebay's help rooms too but you don't always get fair treatment there in my opinion.

Any ideas on how to deal with this one?? :ninja:

Just send him the total of the purchases plus his combined postage quote in a draft from xetrade.com.

They have very favorable exchange rates, and I've used them succesfully on transactions in Japanese Yen, British Pounds, South African Rands, among others. Their drafts can be deposited by recipients without the charges that might accompany a non-local check or money order.

OOOPS. Just noticed you are in England. Send him a cheque or ask him for the info to do a bank transfer.

OK, another problematic seller - a newish one too surprise surprise.

I must admit I'm getting pretty sick of being messed around by pushy and unscrupulous seller who like to make their own rules and policies up to suit themselves.

My latest 'purchases' on the bay

My latest purchases Mach II

So basically, the original postage costs of the lots I've won are 1.00 and 1.65 and somehow the invoice reads 2.00 GBP for each one (??) - I've asked him to combine invoices to reduce postage and this is the response he gives me:

I may post this is ebay's help rooms too but you don't always get fair treatment there in my opinion.

Any ideas on how to deal with this one?? :ninja:

He does say no paypal for UK buyers in his auction.

He is quite entitled to refuse to accept paypal altogether, though it will be compulsory to accept it from sometime next month.

I would just pay the extra, and not bid on an item which says no paypal next time.

I recently bought 12 notes on fleaBay from a seller in Thailand, the combined postage on the paypoo invoice came to a bung whopping $36, I emailed the seller and he promptly re-invoiced and now the postage is a comfortable $4.50. I am not sure all sellers know how to combine shipping on fleaBay paypoo invoices, but I find that sellers are always willing to combine.

BTW I have several new African notes on the way soon. The seller sells a huge amount of stuff at good prices and ships very quickly and packages well. Small wonder I buy so much from them.

I recently bought 12 notes on fleaBay from a seller in Thailand, the combined postage on the paypoo invoice came to a bung whopping $36, I emailed the seller and he promptly re-invoiced and now the postage is a comfortable $4.50. I am not sure all sellers know how to combine shipping on fleaBay paypoo invoices, but I find that sellers are always willing to combine.

BTW I have several new African notes on the way soon. The seller sells a huge amount of stuff at good prices and ships very quickly and packages well. Small wonder I buy so much from them.

Are you talking about noteshobby? They are one of the biggest paper money sellers on ebay, not just Africa. Quite good for cheap BiN notes.

worldcurrencyandcoin is similar, based in Singapore. Slightly more expensive.

Archived