CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think I've had any Denvers.

I discovered how ingrained the urge to pun is in me -- even when no one's around, I do it. I dropped a couple the other day and commented to myself as I picked them up, "Ooh, there's a bad case of fallen Arches."

No, I don't think I've had any Denvers.

I discovered how ingrained the urge to pun is in me -- even when no one's around, I do it. I dropped a couple the other day and commented to myself as I picked them up, "Ooh, there's a bad case of fallen Arches."

:blol::blol::blol:

Did someone say Arches? What about "S" mint.. Visit my Proof Collection for viewing

Been there. Seen that. Nice aren't they.

I think S mint circulation strike rolls and bags are available for purchase from the mint.

But they're definitely not circulating since I am getting all D mints here.

I don't think "S" strikes any coins for general circulation these days. All of their output is for special sets. Someone please correct me, if I'm wrong on this.

I don't think "S" strikes any coins for general circulation these days. All of their output is for special sets. Someone please correct me, if I'm wrong on this.

Not for general circulation, but circulation / mint set quality (non-proof) have been struck for a little while now, and sold at the same $35 price per bag of 100 ($25 FV) as with Philly and Denver 100-quarter mini bags.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/everglades-national-park-2014-quarter-100-coin-bag-EV3.html?start=undefined&q=undefined&cgid=product-schedule

Not for general circulation, but circulation / mint set quality (non-proof) have been struck for a little while now, and sold at the same $35 price per bag of 100 ($25 FV) as with Philly and Denver 100-quarter mini bags.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/everglades-national-park-2014-quarter-100-coin-bag-EV3.html?start=undefined&q=undefined&cgid=product-schedule

Good to know but now something that I'm adding to my collection. BUT since they're struck by a US Mint in circulation quality shouldn't they be included in the Mint Set by definition?

Good to know but now something that I'm adding to my collection. BUT since they're struck by a US Mint in circulation quality shouldn't they be included in the Mint Set by definition?

It seems that since S mint coins aren't currently released for circulation, the S-mint ATB quarters are not part of the mint sets.

I can see where one can easily make an argument that current D and P strike halves and dollars are found in numismatic products only, so there isn't really a reason why each current mint set can't have the S- quarters thrown in.

It seems that since S mint coins aren't currently released for circulation, the S-mint ATB quarters are not part of the mint sets.

I can see where one can easily make an argument that current D and P strike halves and dollars are found in numismatic products only, so there isn't really a reason why each current mint set can't have the S- quarters thrown in.

Probably should remove all of the S mint specials from the Mint Set and offer a separate S Mint Set with one of each of their coins.

Silver proof Bicentennial half! Pictures when I get home from work! :yahoo:

I'm really jealous. WOW! What a great find. :bhyper::bhyper::bhyper::bhyper::bhyper::bhyper:

This is my third proof in change this year... weird!

1028623.jpg

It is strange to get so many proofs in change. Heck it's pretty strange to get any half dollar in change. :bthumbsup::bthumbsup::bthumbsup:

The coinage weirdness continues. Two-headed quarter from Lucky Pierre today -- as well as an AtB I hadn't had yet. Pictures when I get home...

Pics?