• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well got a 1964d US dime back in change today

1021652.jpg

It's always a pleasure to get a nice silver Roosevelt in change. :bthumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I guy I work with went to the local Subway for lunch the other day. Received 4 pennies with his change. 3 of the 4 were wheaties! 1952 D, 1955 D, and 1956 D. I told him some little kid probably robbed from his dad's stash to by a soda or something. Chances of getting 1 wheatie in change is shrinking by day. To get 3 in one shot is amazing. I would have loved to look through that cash register that day.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a 1922 Canadian nickel in change:-)

That was the first year those were minted - I don't think I have ever found one in circulation dated before 1929. I can sort of see getting one of the GVI coins since the beaver reverse is the same - but those GV coins have the numeral reverse.

That was the first year those were minted - I don't think I have ever found one in circulation dated before 1929. I can sort of see getting one of the GVI coins since the beaver reverse is the same - but those GV coins have the numeral reverse.

Wow, pretty cool find for thedollarman!

I got a 1922 Canadian nickel in change:-)

Wonderful find. Makes you wonder where it's been all this time.

• 4 weeks later...

My oldest son lives in NYC and comes home several times a year with a handful of his circulation finds. The Christmas bacth included 7 Wheaties, 2 1964 Quarters a '42P war nickel and a Bahamas 25 cent. Healso gave me a Hobo nickel (Bison carved into santa) that he bought off a street vendor.

My oldest son lives in NYC and comes home several times a year with a handful of his circulation finds. The Christmas bacth included 7 Wheaties, 2 1964 Quarters a '42P war nickel and a Bahamas 25 cent. Healso gave me a Hobo nickel (Bison carved into santa) that he bought off a street vendor.

Nice haul Doc. Can you post a shot of the Hobo nickel?

• 1 month later...

o/` Back in the saddle again... o/`

Oh, let there be joy in the house of ik, he finally has a decent camera again and can relegate that fershlugginer Vivitar to being a paperweight! 14Mpx Sanyo, more or less same under the hood as the Polaroid I lost last summer. It's second hand and hot pink and when the temperature climbs out of the basement, I'm going to fairly scamper down to Alum Creek for a photographic safari.

And today, my first National Park quarter in ages:

1024056.jpg

My son in NYC just texted me a pic of a couple of Fort McHenry quarters.

I like the design on those.

• 3 weeks later...