CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

Got an odd one. 1989 P quarter lamination error circulation find. Bubbles are not lined up behind each other. Also not sure about the surface. Kind of a sand blast texture, but even the feathers show up on the eagles breast. Not sure if its two errors. The gas bubbles and texture or someone goofed with it and blasted it.

999754.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of circulation find, when I went into my one bank yesterday to drop off my teller's hockey tickets(gift for being so good about ordering coin boxes) she had a 1946 Roosie waiting for me. She had gotten it in a deposit, just seeing the edge when she put it in her tray. She thought it was Canadian and she was going to take it out and put it into the drawer - they send the Canadian stuff away. So she picked it up and cast it into the drawer and noticed FDR, whoops, he is not a Canadian.

Gosh, it pays to have good relationships with your bank's tellers. Especially those vault tellers.

Turns out one of the cashiers where I spend cash (which is responsible for much of the change I get) is on the lookout herself for wheaties. She says she sees plenty of them, and wondered why I said they were really scarce. I pointed out to her that her looking out for them before I can is probably why I never see them, and she just smiled...

ccg, you get star notes up there?

:yes: 2006 San Fran.

Also got a nice VF '06 $1 from the Richmond FRB in the same transaction - a bit of a surprise since most East Coast $1s I see here are usually in pretty rough shape.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it only took until 2012, but I finally got a 2010 NPQ -- Yellowstone.

WOW! I haven't run into any of the Territories or NP quarters in change. I have one Wash DC that Frannie got in change quite a while ago. I wonder where the heck they are?

You'd think there would be a big quarter turnover here. One of the bigger local newspaper groups processess all their news machine coins through two branches of their bank here, so we get a lot of quarter turnover. That's why the banks would never order the State Quarters from the Fed.

I think I've seen a grand total of maybe three National Forest quarters, personally, and there's no major vending machine industry to recirculate quarters here. (I'll bet you see a lot of beat up and tired specimens, Art.) I got a slightly larger number of DC & Territories quarters.

This got my attention to the point where I actually bought 10 unc mint sets back in 2009, figuring they might actually go _up_ in value a few years down the road as the quarters' scarcity began to tell in the market. Didn't do that for 2010 or 2011, but it probably would have been a better idea those years than in 2009.

What we might be seeing is the system still working through the absolute glut of quarters produced in the early years of the state quarters program. People were keeping them for a while, but now, perhaps, they've decided they aren't worth more than face and they are going out into circulation again. That reduces demand for new quarters.

WOW! I haven't run into any of the Territories or NP quarters in change. I have one Wash DC that Frannie got in change quite a while ago. I wonder where the heck they are?

You'd think there would be a big quarter turnover here. One of the bigger local newspaper groups processess all their news machine coins through two branches of their bank here, so we get a lot of quarter turnover. That's why the banks would never order the State Quarters from the Fed.

:shock: ^n

:shock: ^n

I havent seen any parks quarters period

What's funny about that is that I've got two of the 2011 NPQs from change - Glacier and Olympic, and only now have got my first 2010.

Meanwhile, I'm really looking forward to 2013's Ohio NPQ because the Perry monument was visible from my grandparents' place on Lake Erie. It'll be nice to see something I know on a coin. :)

What's funny about that is that I've got two of the 2011 NPQs from change - Glacier and Olympic, and only now have got my first 2010.

Meanwhile, I'm really looking forward to 2013's Ohio NPQ because the Perry monument was visible from my grandparents' place on Lake Erie. It'll be nice to see something I know on a coin. :)

That is really cool. I hope that you enjoy it. Considering the 5 ouncer?

Not for that kind of money, no.

They are way too expensive for me as well. Of course with silver prices at their current levels that's not likely to change any time soon.