Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

An impressive lion from last days change:

Fin20C2002.jpg

Finland, engravers: H. Häiväoja (obverse) and L. Luycx (reverse), Helsinki mint, mint master Raimo Makkonen, 2002 AD.,

20 Euro Cent (22,3 mm / 5,73 g), 5,74 g mint weight, "Nordic gold" alloy (89% copper, 5% aluminium, 5% zinc, and 1% tin), mintage 100.759.000 (133.000 of these in sets, 13.000 proof), medal alignment ↑↑ (0°) , smooth edge with seven indentations ("Spanish flower"),

Obv.: 2002 / M , the Finnish heraldic lion, encircled by twelve stars; below, mintmark "M" for Raimo Makkonen, mint master before 2006.

Rev.: 20 / EURO / CENT // LL , (1st) relief map of Western Europe with 12 stars and lines to l., big value number above denomination to r., engraver´s initial at the r. edge.

KM 102 .

:)

Nice coin. Can't tell from the pic but are the indentations actually in the side of the coin or just the rim design?

• 3 weeks later...

picked up a 1828 Large Cent (a piece of the coin is missing) :(

OK. This requires a story. So tell us?

I often wonder if my 17 yr old daughter has some mystical powers over money. A few weeks ago and higher up in this thread she got a 1929-S cent. Today while buying up more clothes she got a 1929 cent. Up to a few years ago she collected, now she just wants the reward from me for her finds.

Grandma had a box FULL of old change I haven't gone through it all yet but some key finds so far are:

1901 Indian head cent

1909 Lincoln (NO S and No VDB)

1919 S Lincoln

She throws all her change in here even up to a week ago before she gave me the jar as a Christmas present so there is a lot of new stuff in there too. I got a lot of 2010 and 2011 shield pennies as well in real good condition. I will continue to post as I sift through this jar, it will take a long time.