CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past few months I have saved all my change in a bucket and decided today to go through it. Probably 5lbs worth of pennies, nickels, and dimes (I use quarters to wash my cars).

Talk about some nice finds!

1959 Penny - EF-AU, has a reddish tone to 50-60% of the coin.

1919 Wheat Penny - VG-F condition, oldest find to date.

4 (yes 4) 1943 Nickels - All at least VG.

7 Silver Dimes

Next month I am going to dump out ~40lbs of change that my family has collected over 15 years. My dad has about 10lbs in his room and I have about 30lbs in my room. Maybe there will be some coins in there that some of you need.

I'm praying for the coin that could pay for my college education. If I find it there will be a lot of ;) and :ninja: going on.

Over the past few months I have saved all my change in a bucket and decided today to go through it. Probably 5lbs worth of pennies, nickels, and dimes (I use quarters to wash my cars).

Talk about some nice finds!

1959 Penny - EF-AU, has a reddish tone to 50-60% of the coin.

1919 Wheat Penny - VG-F condition, oldest find to date.

4 (yes 4) 1943 Nickels - All at least VG.

7 Silver Dimes

Next month I am going to dump out ~40lbs of change that my family has collected over 15 years. My dad has about 10lbs in his room and I have about 30lbs in my room. Maybe there will be some coins in there that some of you need.

I'm praying for the coin that could pay for my college education. If I find it there will be a lot of  ;) and :ninja: going on.

I wish I had that much change. Well, good luck, and have fun.

A '05 V nickel.

When I first saw this I was stunned before I realized you were talking about the 2005 Canadian Victory Nickel.

A US '05 V nickel is a completely different animal and something that would never be found in circulation.

Went through about 1000 cent from the bank this weekend..

1 1998 wide am

1 1998 appear to be a brass plated cent,,, yellow.

1 1998 off center strike,,, about 30% off,,, first one I've found like this in circulation ever other than the more normal 4 to 5% off cents.

4 wheat cents

and about 200 pre 1982 coppers that I threw in the pile.

Still looking for that 1999 wide am,,, 1992d near am,,, 1984 d/d or 1983 d/d..... ya'll think there are any of these left in circulation,,,,, that is other than the 1 or 2 that might make it out there when jr robs the penny jar and buys that stick of bubble gum?

When I first saw this I was stunned before I realized you were talking about the 2005 Canadian Victory Nickel.

A  US '05 V nickel is a completely different animal and something that would never be found in circulation.

Never? Well, technically, not found in change, but mine was found. About two weeks ago I was cleaning out some trash for an 85 year-old woman who was selling her house. There was an old (read that as OLD) couch that was stored in an attic above the detached garage and tossed onto the lawn waiting to be removed. It had rained, so it got wet. It was also in rough shape, breaking apart as I picked it up to put into the truck. As I was cleaning up the debris I noticed a round disc on the ground. From the color I thought it may have been a 2¢ piece. It turned out to be a 1908 Liberty nickel.

I showed it to the woman and asked if she or her late husband collected. She said he dabbled in it for a while in their early years, but lost interest. I offered to take it home, grade it, and buy it from her. She basically said, "No, it's yours if you want it. Finders keepers."

I let it sit in vinegar overnight to get the crud off it (no damage) and carried it in my pocket change to do some natural "cleaning." I would grade it as VG-8, worth about $1. Nothing expensive, but a cool find, just the same.

Jerry

Going through a cash drawer at work, several Philly nickels from the 1940's and 50's, nothing too special, and a couple of common 1940's wheats, all of which will be unleashed on an unsuspecting customer.

Hmmm, I must look at what I have and what I do not, and then let you know! :ninja:

From my waitress connection at the local truck stop, 4 AU 1982-D- 2 AU 1984-D washington quarters, 18 Peace Nickels, 26 Keelboat Nickels, and several nickels from the 50's 60's and 70's ,,15 -40's and 50's wheaties.

several star notes.

a good morning at coffee !!!

Rick

From my waitress connection at the local truck stop, 4 AU 1982-D- 2 AU 1984-D washington quarters, 18 Peace Nickels, 26 Keelboat Nickels, and several nickels from the 50's 60's and 70's ,,15 -40's and 50's wheaties.

several star notes.

a good morning at coffee !!!

Rick

Several times I have noticed members saying they have a 'connection' at a place of business or bank.

Did you (or any of our members) make your connection through an existing friend or did you work up the nerve to make a connection with a total stranger?

I don't know anybody who handles lots of coins who doesn't already save them theirselves.

Does anyone have ideas on making new connections and which ones seem to be the best?