CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

I have people on the inside in several of my banks, spesh the one where I got the 1934 $C note. She has been a very very good person to have, she has an eye for good stuff coming through and always saves for me what she doesn't want first. In the last week I have gotten over $300 in older style bills from her, the C note was the best though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 1968 nickel that caught my eye. It had a real nice shine to it. But it looks like someone took it to a very fine buffing wheel. Since I did not have my cheaters on me, it looked like something you would get out of a mint set. At least at first. Get it home and the front of Monticello has been buffed. Jefferson's jaw had been buffed out. Product of a Future coin doc I guess.

• 1 month later...

scored a good haul today at work. went to the bank to get change for the register, got 1 roll of nickels & 6 rolls of pennies (didn't really need nickels, but didn't need 10 rolls of pennies, either). anyway, the teller threw them into the bag, along with the dimes and quarters (3 US Mint rolls of '04 Texas). got back to the restaurant, went to toss the rolls into the bottom of the safe, when something caught my eye. the single roll of nickels had a single word written on it -- "silver". opened it up, sure enough, a whole roll of war nickels!!! all of them are well circulated, but did find 2 lamination errors in the lot. my coin-junkie neighbor bought the roll off me for $30.00. not a bad return on $2 in less than 8 hours time.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at the bank this afternoon to make a deposit and get some cash and saw the glint of silver in the teller's coin tray, bought all 7 for $3.50 and the other teller even remarked that it sounded like a silver one in there! Not one, but 7 40% Kennedy halves! :ninja:

2008_07_03find.JPG

I got a really rough 1993 web press note. That means! *drum roll* I was able to find the 1988A 1993 and 1995 web press notes all in circulation! KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN! :ninja:

Nice find too Jeff!

Yeah, during the 80's the government decided to use a trial printing press called a web press. It's similar to a newspaper printing press. It seems that it had many problems and only a small portion of notes were printed in series 1988A, 1993, and 1995. The only real way to tell for sure is by the letter/number combination at the bottom right of the note. Instead of a combo, it's a single tiny number, and the one on the left is gone. The ones from the 1988A series is hard to find in good shape because the public didn't know about it until the 1993 notes!

See Pic:

2ep7q8i.jpg

I got a really rough 1993 web press note. That means! *drum roll* I was able to find the 1988A 1993 and 1995 web press notes all in circulation! KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN! ;)

Nice find too Jeff!

Around 1989 I used to purchase a pack of $1's from the bank every Friday to search for stars, errors and fancy serial numbers.

Hundreds of web press notes passed through my hands, but because they were so ugly I never kept any of them.

A pack of B District (New York) web notes is now worth over 15 times face... :ninja:

• 1 month later...

I got a damn lucky haul today!

$7.00 face silver washer quarters

$5.30 face silver rosey dimes

$0.20 face silver merc dimes

$0.10 face silver George VI dime

$12.50 face of 90% silver and a silver Canadian...50% i think dime. WOOT!

I nearly dropped a brick when I came into work today! :ninja:

I got a damn lucky haul today!

$7.00 face silver washer quarters

$5.30 face silver rosey dimes

$0.20 face silver merc dimes

$0.10 face silver George VI dime

$12.50 face of 90% silver and a silver Canadian...50% i think dime. WOOT!

I nearly dropped a brick when I came into work today! :ninja:

wow its must of been ur day!! did u play the lottery?

Got a 1910 US $.05 from a roll of nickels. What makes this even better is that I am Canadian and I got it out of a roll of Canadian $.05.

I do go through about $200 in rolled Canadian nickels each week search for Canadianing $.05 minted before 1982. They are pure nickel and worth about $.10 each melt.

No I don't do it by hand I have a machine that sorts it is called a Ryedale.

Steiner

Yesterday I turned in a roll of quarters and 13 rolls of dimes.

Then I saw a familiar box on the counter... one of those $25.00 cent boxes and asked if those were new pennies or other.

She said they are from the feds but are circulated. So, I scooped up a total of $23.00 in cents.

The only coins that are worth a mention are the three wheat cents, 39p, 40s, and 41d. The runners up are Canadian pennies 1963, 1978, 1979, 1980, and 1981. Also, there are about five rolls of cents that are lost to corrosion.

There are about 200 copper cents and the remainder are zinc cents. The zincs have been searched and the coppers are still waiting. onward ------->------->

corky