CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

Lol, while at work, my friend had to break open a roll of dimes, and when he did, he said like 10 pennies came out of it. He exchanged some of his money for some and he brought some of them home to show me. Someone had filed down the penny so that it was the size of a dime. I just laughed.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a coin but I'm sure you will enjoy it.

At work I was counting the money and noticed an odd bill. Sure enough, $10 star note! I know it isn't worth much but it has been 6 years since I ran across a star note in circulation. Needless to say I replaced it with a normal $10 bill and it is now mine (boss didn't care).

Lol, while at work, my friend had to break open a roll of dimes, and when he did, he said like 10 pennies came out of it.  He exchanged some of his money for some and he brought some of them home to show me.  Someone had filed down the penny so that it was the size of a dime.  I just laughed.

How about getting a job which pays better than 19c for such a time-consuming task! :ninja:

Not a coin but I'm sure you will enjoy it.

At work I was counting the money and noticed an odd bill. Sure enough, $10 star note! I know it isn't worth much but it has been 6 years since I ran across a star note in circulation. Needless to say I replaced it with a normal $10 bill and it is now mine (boss didn't care).

:ninja:

I've got 2 star notes in the past year, and I don't even live in the US!

I got through my parents and sis's change nearly everyday! Some days I'll just get a few quarters, other its a few dollars worth. And I'd say, that on average, I get about 1 or 2 star notes a month.

Just in the past week, I've gotten:

Pennies:

1962-D

2 1963-D

1972-D

1976-D

1984( I kept it because it was shiney :ninja:)

Nickels:

1947-D

1962-D

Dimes:

Quarters:

2 1965

2 1967

2 1974

One of my carpenters gave me today one hungarian half poltura 1763 very nice, 2 austrian kreuzers 1909 and two 2000 lei coins of 1946. Yesterday I was bought one nice set of 5, 10 and 20 Bani 1905-1906

:ninja:

I've got 2 star notes in the past year, and I don't even live in the US!

You must be lucky. The past two weeks I've sorted through nearly $20k in cash and not one star note other than the one I found.

You must be lucky. The past two weeks I've sorted through nearly $20k in cash and not one star note other than the one I found.

Star notes! When I'm filling in for one of the tellers at the bank, I come across so many * notes I don't even look anymore, $1 thru $100.

Used to buy all the AU+ looking ones, but after seeing so many I just don't give it a second thought...

I looked through all of my cash and I found one star note.  I'm just wondering, but why did they make star notes?

Star notes come from the mint ;) When the original bill is messed up during production, or is used for testing they throw it out. Well, they cant have missing serial numbers, so they reprint the bill with the same serial number, but they take the letter off the end, and add a * there.

And all the talk about star notes reminds me of a sad story at the bank one day. I was with my mom and she was cashing my dad's pay check. And in the $100 bills, there were 2 star notes!!!! But I didn't get to keep them :ninja: So I was sad lol.

Well I just found a 1948D wheat cent...worth anout 0.01$ :ninja:

But I'll keep it just for grins.

THe coinstar machine has been good to me the last few weeks though-silver!

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Veni, Vidi, Bibi, Carpe imperium

I got a 2005-D cent.

That's special for me because I'm from the East Coast and we never see denver coins out here. Oh, I got it in Texas, land of the D's