CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures when I get home tonight, but I pulled a 1964D 90% Washington quarter out of the same machine that gave me the two proof quarters!

You know the different *clink* silver makes over clad -- as soon as that hit the tray, I knew I had something different in my change. :)

Pictures when I get home tonight, but I pulled a 1964D 90% Washington quarter out of the same machine that gave me the two proof quarters!

You know the different *clink* silver makes over clad -- as soon as that hit the tray, I knew I had something different in my change. :)

And now that I'm home, here it is!

1026315.jpg

1954-D cent in change at Kroger.

Nice finds everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

The food machine in the break area, which I have always referred to as the 'Wheel of Misfortune', is officially renamed 'Lucky Pierre'. Not only has it given me two proofs and a silver quarter in the last month and a half, but today my first 2014 -- the Tennessee Great Smoky Mountains AtB quarter.

The food machine in the break area, which I have always referred to as the 'Wheel of Misfortune', is officially renamed 'Lucky Pierre'. Not only has it given me two proofs and a silver quarter in the last month and a half, but today my first 2014 -- the Tennessee Great Smoky Mountains AtB quarter.

Give that machine a gentle pat each day. :bthumbsup::bthumbsup::bthumbsup:

Lucky Pierre coughed up another AtB -- the Perry Monument quarter for Ohio, which of course I am keeping every one I find. It still gives me that warm fuzzy of looking for it from the window of my grandparents' place on the lake; it was just visible from there (depending on the weather).

Found a handful of gorgeous Mt. Rushmore quarters yesterday. Quite the perspective on the coins!

I've gotten five or six of these too. Seems they are hitting the streets quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Dream, are you using some kind of mind control powers on local collectors to break into their sets and spend them so you can find them? You find the wildest things... :D

Dream, are you using some kind of mind control powers on local collectors to break into their sets and spend them so you can find them? You find the wildest things... :D

I wish my guess is someone comes into 1 of my coinstar stores use the proof and whatnots to pay for groceries and such, then I get the call to pick them up face value.

I even went to my coin shop, and asked what would be the price to turn the coins rather than spend them. The reply was just under $40.

I just cannot fathom someone over the age of eight who could look at a proof set and say "Hey, great, loose change!" The simple fact that coins aren't normally sealed in plasic cases oughta be enough to say there's something else going on there beyond being a simple coin holder, never mind that circulation coins simply are never that pristine with genuine mirror surfaces!

I mean, how bad did they really need that Big Gulp?