CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My granddaughter and a couple of her friends have been saving loose change in hopes of taking a road trip this summer. I've been "mining/scavenging" in a couple of gallon collection jars. I have found a few pieces of silver, nothing spectacular, but more than I anticipated. Here's what I found:

1916cent.JPG1919merc.JPG

1939merc.JPG1941merc.JPG

1946cent.JPG1946dime.JPG

1953ddime.JPG1956ddime.JPG

1964ddime.JPG

One of these days, I'll go through the rest of the jars (2 more).

Cool, I tipped one or two near the Galleria mainly at some Greek places where my friend belly-dances on Tues/Fri night. Usually when I spend them folks keep them or take them out of the cash drawer at once.

I can get them for about $1.15 a piece at a place in Oklahoma so it is worth the 15cent markup to see the looks on peoples faces. Europeans love them.

Funny thing is I never want to spend wheat cents but love spending Ikes. :ninja:

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, If you smack a kid with a bottle of "No more tears" Shampoo does that make Irony

Found a 1989-P nickel. I think it's full steps although it may be partial, but it's a nice partial steps regardless, nice upgrade from my change.

16kdzlk.jpg

16kdzfa.jpg

Okay, I have very little idea of what this is, or how old it is, but today in a register I pulled out what I figured was a crusty wheat cent, then I took a second look. It appears to be some sort of old trade token for Union Flour P.L. WING & CO Albany NY, possibly used during WWI or II. If anyone has any idea of what this is I'd appreciate it. And two foriegn coins also.

1zgqdmt.jpg

1zgqdxv.jpg

1zgqe7q.jpg

1zgqgav.jpg

1zgqek8.jpg

1zgqgdw.jpg

Your find appears to be a civil war token like the one in this auction...link.

Thats the exact one! Thanks! And yes it does appear to have been in the ground or something of the sort, I was just really surprised to have found it....too bad I don't have the same luck with my metal detector lol! :ninja:

Found an UNC 1960-D Lincoln in change while at work.

Also, finally, found some silver doing roll searches! Two 1967 Kennedy's with both in the EF range and some dark orange/red toning. $700 worth of rolls to finally find silver. Out of the $100 I searched, had about 12-15 keepers/upgrades for the folders.

1995's in AU/UNC condition are very popular in my area.

1944-P nickel, 1964-P quarter, 1911-P lincoln cent, and last but not least...a 2 cent euro mixed in with some nickels.