CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing lots of halves roll searches.

Recent finds include 6 Walkers, 11 Franklins, 5 90% JFKs, 12 40% JFKs (only one 1965, most 67 or 68-D).

My mother called me excitedly from her vacation, telling me she got a star note in change. 1995 B 0000 2835 *. First 4-digit star for me, and a new lowest serial number (previous was a B 0000 3004 D).

More rolls of halves on Tuesday. Is it wierd that I'm excited about it?

John

More rolls of halves on Tuesday.  Is it wierd that I'm excited about it?

Heck, no. I remember one roll in particular in '79 or '80 that had one Franklin, five 90% Kennedys, and the balance 40% Kennedys--one roll, all silver. The only thing that could be better would be to make that hit now. :ninja:

Where is everyone getting all of these rolls of halves? Most of the banks around me look at me funny when I ask if they have any.  Then they try strong arm push the Sac dollars on me!  I'd consider driving to a small town with an old bank if I knew they'd have some good rolls of Kennedy halves.

Actually, I get all of my halves from one of the larger bank chains. The key is to find the bank in the area that is the main distribution point for the other banks. The one branch bank near where I work serves several banks in the area. They order $1000 in halves every week or two.

I was going in so often they pointed out they could order a box ($500) for me if I wanted to.

Tomorrow I find out if the box finds are better than their normal delivery.

John

It's been a real dry spell but I retired these two tired warriors from lunch change today.

You know, I do like the look of a well-worn Jeff. I think it's because it's a coin that has been out there serving its purpose.

Of course, I have a tube or two of those well-worn Jeffs, so I've been known to decide they're done serving their purpose, too!

I must have almost a dollar's worth of 1940s, but that 51-D is a nice find!

More halves tomorrow!

I found yesterday a Us. state quarter (New Hampshire) in my pocket change. Perhaps not so exciting you may think, but this happened were I live, in Sweden. It must have been misstaken for a swedish 1 krona coin although they differ somewhat. It has some signs of circulation, so it might have passed some hands in Sweden before I got it. As it is a missing piece in my state quarter collection I have singled it out for keeping. :ninja:

// Joakim

2001-P UNC (maybe BU) Sac in change from a stamp machine. Decided what the hey, I'll get some $1 coins for the heck of it while I'm buying stamps. Most of the Sacs I see have a dark, dirty look to them. This looks like those found in mint sets.

It went directly into my type album!

• 3 weeks later...

Hah! Got one of my periodic rolls of dollars, came out with five 2001Ps, three 2000Ds, and a very sharp 80D. Heck, I was just glad to see something that wasn't 2000P or 1979!

• 2 weeks later...

Not a thing worth mentioning. I haven't even been getting SQs in change this past week - clad Washers only. ???? So what's that all about?

1979 d Susan B. Anthony dollar  (Actually asked for it from the clerk.  :ninja:  ) with die by stars on right side obverse.

1979sbacloseupdiecrack.jpg

That's a great die break. Definitely a keeper.