CoinPeople.com

Quarter Designs for 2009

Dockwalliper

I think the mint need to do a dime commemorative program of some kind. It could rekindle interest in that poor ignored denomination. Maybe something like National Parks.

:ninja: ... Duke Ellington???

I may not have been a history or political science major, but isn't DC our f**king Capital? WTF!?!?! Aside from being the center for our nation's executive, legistative, and judicial branches, there are also famous monuments every 20 feet (that's approximately 6.1 meters for our European friends). Pathetic. Thank God were done with these stupid things.

I agree with the captain on the District of Colombia submissions. They worked so hard to get their "state" included and they've let the rest of us down.

Pero me gusta el diseno de Puerto Rico que dice"Isla Del Encanto."

Overall, again, disappointed with the designs.

Sorry but I have to disagree! :ninja:

I love the idea of including those other strange places in the quarters program and I think the designs are cool, though I haven't had time to think about them - they all look neat to me tho'..

The State Quarters and the Territorial Quarters are probably the best idea the U.S. mint ever came up with! ;)

So, what are Whitman, Littleton, HE Harris, etc. going to do about this? Will they put out separate folders/album pages for 2009? What a pain in the butt. Thanks US Congress for making up your damn minds.

:ninja: ... Duke Ellington???

I may not have been a history or political science major, but isn't DC our f**king Capital? WTF!?!?! Aside from being the center for our nation's executive, legistative, and judicial branches, there are also famous monuments every 20 feet (that's approximately 6.1 meters for our European friends). Pathetic. Thank God were done with these stupid things.

You said it Captain! It's a pity the DC-ites can't see past the huge chip on their shoulder to find something to be proud about. DC is one of the best planned cities in the world with a very rich history. Based on the article that Doc attached, perhaps a portrait of a disgruntled Eleanor Holmes-Norton flipping everyone the "state" bird would be more appropriate. And, excuse me, but I believe it's been the other 50 states' tax dollars that have financed the construction of such a beautiful and interesting city! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived